Do you have any awesome recipes for plums?

I bought the most beautiful plums at the farmers market yesterday, along with too much other stuff. I may just freeze a bunch of fruit, but I would like to make a nice plum cake, or something...

Asked by rkoloms at 8:01 AM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• We used to have a plum tree and loved this recipe. Preheat oven to 425. Will need 2 bowls and a measuring cup. Combine 3-4 cups cut plums (or pared apples; pared peaches) 1 cup sugar, 2 t. cinnamon, 3 T melted butter. Set aside. Combine 1 cup flour, 1 t. baking powder, 1/4 t. salt , 2T. sugar. Add 2T. butter and combine using pastry cutter. In a large measuring cup mix 1 egg, 1/2 t. vanilla, and enough milk to make1/2 cup total. Combine with flour mixture to make dough. Spread into a 9x9 pan. Top with fruit. Bake 25 minutes. It is easier to make than it sounds. It is yummy!! Would love to know if you try it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:09 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I don't have a recipe for it, but I heard plum jam is really good! I'd google it! xo
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 8:52 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Did you ever try this plum recipe or another? Just wondering how you made out.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2010