Is my baby getting enough sleep? Any advice?

I am a little surprised right now. I have a nine month old baby, who was falling asleep around 10:45pm and waking up around 8:30am every night. So almost 10 hours of sleep at night, and then about 3-3.5 hours of nap during the day, spread between 2 naps.
Now for the past two mornings, he has been going to be at the same time, if not a few minutes later, but has been getting up at 7:15-7:30am. Nap times are the same, if not a little less yesterday, because we had a very busy day yesterday, and I wasnt home to lay him down in his crib on time as I usually do. When I looked up his age for the average that they sleep it says 9 months old usually sleeps 11 hours at night and 3 hours during the day in 2 naps. So this is definitely not the average. Any suggestions or advice? I would also really love advice on how to get him back to his old schedule! I am not a morning person, and 8:30am was quite early for me.

dakajazz23

Asked by dakajazz23 at 8:27 AM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Every child is different. Every child will have different schedules....and they won't always stay the same. Mine never stayed asleep past 7am.... but they'd go down earlier, which meant I went down earlier!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 8:57 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Get the book Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 8:29 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Is he healthy? Happy? Well rested? Then leave well enough alone. Not every baby is "average" and schedules do not stay the same especially in the first year. If you try to force things it will very likely backfire on you. No one sleeps exactly the same every night!

Unfortunately whether or not YOU are a morning person is irrelevant. Children tend to be early risers. That's how their biological clocks work. You have to get used to it, especially during the school years.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:15 AM on Jul. 4, 2010