My SOs mother is soo annoying....

we went on vacation with his parents to the beach our place was right on the beach but you walk right by the pool to get to the beach well my 4 year old JUST learned how to swim I took her to the pool like 3 days in a row before we went to the beach and she learned soo fast how to swim under water on top and on her back she was sooo proud of herself and I was SOOOO happy too the whole way down there thats all my 4 year old talked about well we stayed there 7 days and not ONE time did his mom come see her swim my child kept asking her to watch her but she just ignored her even my SOs dad kept saying you have not came and saw her swim yet come watch her she wouldn't I was sooo mad would you have been? it just makes me feel bad for my child

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't understand that kind of behavior. Even with others asking her to? I'm sorry it worked out that way. If the rest of the time was as discouraging I would reconsider doing it again. Best wishes.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:13 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• i would have just shrugged it off,its her loss

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:14 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• She's the one missing out on special moment with her grandchild. At least those of you who were watching her swim have those memories. It would probably bother me too, but she's the one who missed out.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:14 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I know what you mean.. NO one but my husband comes to my sons sports games either.. even my own mother! pisses me off
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:37 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Try not to judge too harshly. She may have personal reasons why she didn't come watch. Sometimes we jump to conclusions about people and their reasons for why they do what they do. Remember it isn't against us that they make their choices, it is a personal matter that we may never understand and even if we did know why, that may not help you to understand. Just accept her for who and what she is and I promise you will have a great relationship with her based on that mutual respect. Good luck!
    bronsmom

Answer by bronsmom at 9:37 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I'm sorry. Don't let it spoil the Big accomplishment! My DD had her first DD. After 2 wonderful boys! Her MIL didn't acknowledge this birth with even a card or anything thing! Not even words of congrats'. This is her first Grand Baby daughter. I don't understand it!! Just be proud of the good. If one chooses not to praise or care. It is their issue.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 10:25 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I would have thought wow the only one who was missing out was her. I would have said something to her when your daughter was out of ear shot so you want to be nasty to her the only one who is going to be hurt is you. Then tell your daughter sometimes grandma does not play well with others. That's what I had to tell my then 5 year old when my mom would not come out and watch him throw the football.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:28 AM on Jul. 4, 2010