Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Do i need to file paperwork for tax purposes to do this?

I want to become a consultant for a adult toy company. I will be doing online parties to many extra money. I live in the state of New York and their laws are confusing. Since its not my company, do i have to file paperwork when i start or can i just do that pay the taxes at the end of the year when i do my income tax?


Asked by MyAngelNick06 at 9:25 AM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 6 (126 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (1)
  • you would be considered an independant contractor. self employed. so while you are associated with them, you dont actually work for them. its confusing. you need ot keep very very good records through the year of all your expenses and sales. at the end of the year you will likely need a hand filing your taxes. things like mileage on your car, clothes you buy just for the job, expenses in buying the pamphlets for parties, even if you get a computer for the business, all things you need records of. plus any sales of course. GOOD LUCK and have fun!

    Answer by sati769leigh at 9:40 AM on Jul. 4, 2010