This is unacceptable to me

Biden says we won't recoup the 8 million jobs lost in this recession, Geitner says to the world, don't expect to look to us for stregnth and help anymore and Obama, well Obama can only say "it could have been worse" Even the media is in on the big downgrade of America.
Here is an article from today

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/79-million-jobs-lost-many-cnnm-1248019835.html?x=0

Where is that hope Obama promised? We got the change but why are they trying to dash our hopes? I don't believe this is our future. I believe America, with her people WILL once again rise to the top where she belongs. It won't be this year or the next and probably not for at least 5 + years but it will happen. What do you say? Are we permanatly doomed to a life of mediocrity we have been thrust into?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 9:41 AM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• People were starstruck by Obama's charm without knowing or understanding his past or what his real agenda was. I wondering why ppl were being so ignorant and making their choice on no facts or information. I was saddened by my fellow pro-life supporters when they choose to support him. I wonder what america is going to become.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 9:48 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Obama has done everything he promised. He promised hope and change, but if you look at his past voting records and plans, he's done everything he said he would. That's precisely why I didn't vote for him. His idea of hope and change wasn't what I was looking for in a president.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:45 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Obama ran on a fantasy. He promised the world. Rather like Miss America saying she wants to work toward world peace.

He won the Nobel Peace Prize on that same fantasy. We are still fighting two wars with no end in sight. He is unable to lead, unable to command the respect of the troops and the American people.

People voted with a "Hollywood Happy Ending" mentality, instead of the reality of the man. Sad thing is I think Obama actually believed his Hope and Change campaign, and is throughly confused about his own ineptitude and failure.
    MunchMunch

Answer by MunchMunch at 9:56 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• he has to work within the confines of situation at hand (and what was handed to him)

First - it wasn't "Handed to him", he begged, pleaded and spent MILLIONS of dollars to own it. (Which is funny since he's done everything but backflips to pretend he doesn't own it now).
    Second - he did all that begging, pleading, and spending like a trust fund baby on spring break (columns, really?) knowing absolutely what the confines of the situation were. Despite that knowledge, ye knowingly lied his ass off telling people exactly what they wanted to hear (gay rights, anyone?) knowing they were so desperate for "change" he could promise free ice cream for everyone and they'd believe it. That is not an excuse for either his behavior or his continued trust fund baby on spring break spending since taking office. It SHOULD have been a very clear and obvious warning, but some people didn't want to look.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:45 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• It also wasn't 'handed to him' because he sat in the Democratic Congress that helped to create this mess in the first place. You cannot inherit what you helped to build.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 2:37 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Hitler basically promised change as well. He promised innovation and making a difference. And he also delivered. The holocaust was indeed inovative and certainly did make a difference. That is what happens when you listen to fluff with no substance.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:39 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• It scares me to death to think of Biden running the country, but as a VP, we couldn't have gotten a better source of entertainment.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:18 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Really don't know what you have until you loose it. We got to down size on the wants vs the needs. I agree with your assessment on recovery mode of 5+ years. What we have here is a global problem.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:55 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• BTW, I'm starting to love Biden. At least you can count on him to tell the truth. The stimulus ain't working, those jobs arent coming back.
    MunchMunch

Answer by MunchMunch at 10:14 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• . What we have here is a global problem.

Yes, we do. People need to do a little traveling or talk to people who live in other industrialized nations. Is Obama responsible for the problems world wide? he has to work within the confines of situation at hand (and what was handed to him). It's not as easy as turning lemons to lemonade. It's not black and white, imo.

This is a global recession-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2010