I usually start my period in between the 20-23 of each month, I was 14 days late, and today when I went to the bathroom noticed very light spotting that isnt normal color for my period. Could it be implantation bleeding? I havent seen any more spotting

am i pregnant? implantation bleeding

chrisstiii

Asked by chrisstiii at 9:42 AM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• have you taken a pregnancy test? you are 14 days late. so a pregnancy test is gonna give you a YES OR NO . we arent able to tell from here.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:44 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I already took 2 pregnancy tests and both negative but that was a week ago. That doesnt matter though because hcg doesnt always show for sometimes 4-5 weeks. I was wondering if implantation bleeding usually occurs around then. Thanks for any help
    chrisstiii

Comment by chrisstiii (original poster) at 9:48 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I am not sure who you have been talking to.but if your period is late 99.9% of women are going to have a positive test if they are pregnant within DAYS of a missed period. at 14 days late i dont understand why you would not have gone to see your OB/Gyn to be honest. implantation bleeding usually occurs 7-10 days after OVULATION and the egg has been fertilized .

see your dr
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:52 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I have an appointment sched but its not for another 2 weeks almost and no not ALL women have a postive just because theyre late, some women HCG doesnt show for quite some time for many different reasons...look it up
    chrisstiii

Comment by chrisstiii (original poster) at 9:56 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Ive never had a late period or any other irregularities like this before....
    chrisstiii

Comment by chrisstiii (original poster) at 9:58 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Implantation bleeding usually doesn't occur 2 weeks after a missed period. It usually occurs right around the same time as your normal cycle would. For example, when I got pregnant this last time my last period was September 7th. I ovulated we believe on the 21st. I had implantation bleeding on the 25th. I remember the bleeding because I almost flipped out since I thought it was the start of my period and I was getting ready to go play violin for a wedding and was hoping it wasn't so I didn't have that full blown going too. Many times you can have a neg. test and be pregnant if your levels aren't high enough, but 6 weeks your levels should be high enough to get a positive reading. It could be stress or anything causing a change in your cycles.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 10:16 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• you can still bleed without it being implantation bleeding though, i dont think its safe to rule pregnancy out...i wasnt saying its necessarily implantation bleeding...im just at the end of my rope with worry...
    chrisstiii

Comment by chrisstiii (original poster) at 10:59 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• and with having to wait another 2 weeks to find out...AY YI YI
    chrisstiii

Comment by chrisstiii (original poster) at 11:00 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I was always told to wait 2 weeks after the last time you have unprotected sex to take the test. Breakthru bleeding/spotting can happen anytime during pregnancy. Id ssay test again later. Or go see your OB. Congrats if you are :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:35 AM on Jul. 4, 2010