Does anyone else's baby try really hard to fight off sleep?

Lol, my 9 month old will be SO tired that he can barely keep his eyes open, yet he's fighting it as hard as he can. He'll be trying to roll over and crawl when he's half-asleep. He'll be trying to talk with his eyes closed, lol.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 9:57 AM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes it drives me crazy! our daughter is 4 months old and we have to have all the lights on even tho its bed time until she falls asleep cuz she cant know we r trying to put her to bed or she will just scream and fight it! she kicks her feet up and plays until she finally falls asleep! i have a night time routine but i have to change it up so she doesnt figure it out she is going to bed! so funny that we have to out smart out daughter! :-)
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:25 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• aww...9 months old is such a fun and hard stage. Yes mine did. I would pick them up and move around the room giving their eyes way to much activity that it put them to sleep.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 9:59 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• All four of my kids have fought sleep to varying degrees. They are all very good sleepers, but getting to sleep is another issue entirely! :-D I agree with Melissa, they don't tend to fight it as much if you lay them down before they look tired! The trick is figuring out when that is.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:04 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Yes, sometimes there are so many interesting things to do and practice and discover. Ever read a book late into the night or watched an interesting movie even when you were obviously tired? It is the same for them.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:11 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Yea my daughter does, it's easier to get them to sleep before they're realy really tired
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 10:00 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• haha yeah my older twin is the same way, he seems to hate sleep lol. if he gets over tired it seems impossible to get him to sleep. Usually I just have to rock/bounce him while he cries about it. (he'll be so tired its not even really crying, mostly just whining haha) Hope things get easier with your little one, I have a feeling my Taden will fight sleep until he's a teenager XD
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 3:02 PM on Jul. 4, 2010