Variations of grilled cheese and salad?

I can't cook so we eat a lot of this! I need ideas on how to change it up and also easy things to serve with it.

fairyinabubble

Asked by fairyinabubble at 10:02 AM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• use different cheeses/ different breads. Make paninis, use cheese and a meat, like turkey or ham and press them in a panini maker or I use the george forman grill. add tomatoes or roasted peppers.
    for salad: use the mix kits, either caesar or mediterranean or cole slaw mix. follow the directions.

They recently had a grilled cheese challenge on one of the cooking shows, either Top Chef or the next food network star, try to google the recipes.

If you can fix grilled cheese and salad you can make plenty of other things. Join one of the cooking/recipe groups on CM. Put your creative hat on and go for it. :)
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 10:11 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• great aunt lorraine would have grilled cheese sanwhich with tomato slices in it
    i have had with onion slices in (i know-weird, i love onion)
    but almost everyone likes toamtoes
    and tomato season coming very soon

yum, now i am hungry,
    d@mn you kjrn79
    ;)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:25 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• here is my favorite sandwich and all the ingrediants:
    thin sliced italian bread, slice of cheddar, slice of american, slice of swiss, thinly sliced onion, green peppers, then buy the precooked bacon(it takes 20 secs in microwave to get crispy) then put that on the sammy too.
    delicious and hearty. :) have it with plain chips, mix it up with diff cheeses, and veggies, and meats.....
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:36 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Grilled cheese is so versitile. You can add anything to it. Add turkey or bacon or even balogna. As for the salad, I add hard boiled eggs, green beans or peas , black olives, bacon bits, cheese, carrot shavings and sometimes sliced banana peppers. Sometimes I add ham or turkey and eat just sald for a meal. Use your imagination and think outside of the box.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:25 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I love grilled swiss on rye with tomato, or grilled american with tomato and bacon, grilled american with ham....
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:02 PM on Jul. 4, 2010