What state do you like most and why?

We are looking for a place to retire too and are having trouble deciding. What state do you like most and why?

Red54

Asked by Red54 at 10:57 AM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I live in Kentucky. And honestly even though I've visited a lot of different places I really wouldn't want to live anywhere else. The mountains and beautiful and its peaceful.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:01 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Utah! I love it here been here most of my life. I was born in AZ and lived on the Rez it was two hot. In Utah we have all seasons and the environment is clean. The neighbors are friendly and there is lots of family stuff to do when you have your children visit.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 11:00 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I used to live in South Carolina and I loved it. Now we live in Florida and I love it, but it's way too crowded. And the people in South Carolina are so much more friendly than here in Florida.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 11:15 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Alaska! I lived there as a kid for a few years and loved it. There was so much snow where we lived, it was snowing from October to April :-)
    Summers weren't really hot, just warm, it didn't hardly get dark in summer, we could sit on the porch until after midnight and it was like 7 or 8 in most other places with how dark it was.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:18 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Minnesota. The seasons change and the landscaping views are gorgeous. There are a variety of lakes and beautiful and great for recreational activities.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:31 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Michigan! Its my home state! Its sooo green! I love four seasons! The winters here are gorgeous! the summer is just the perfect temp all the time! Fall and spring (fall mostly) is beautifull! Plus there is lots to do here casinos, michigan adventure, ceadar point!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 11:36 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I moved to Nevada from the Midwest, and although I'm not dead-set on one state, I know I will stay in the Southwest. I absolutely love the warm, dry weather and the mountains. It's always sunny here and it's just so pretty. I would consider Arizona or Utah maybe, but I don't really see myself leaving Nevada. Oh, and we don't have state income tax here.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:26 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Texas

usmom3

Answer by usmom3 at 12:29 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I have lived in NYC and I love it, if you go to the suburbs it becomes nice and quiet and beautiful.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 4:29 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I love NY
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:36 PM on Jul. 4, 2010