To see or not to see...

Okay, there are some movies that just MUST be seen in the theater, and some that, though they may be just as good of a movie, have the same effect at home as they do in the theater. For instance, I thought the Lord of the Rings movies were a "must-see" in the theater, as were the Pirates movies. However, though I think it's just as good, I don't think it would have mattered if I had seen Fried Green Tomatoes on the big screen.

That being said, I'm not sure if I should go see Eclipse in the theater. The other two, in my opinion, weren't "epic" enough to have made my trips worth it. Also, I'm not enamored enough to need the instant gratification of seeing it NOW. =) Should I skip?

Also, what are some movies you've seen that were good in the theaters or you thought you could have just seen at home?

MamaRae85

Asked by MamaRae85 at 11:08 AM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Entertainment

• I think movies that are really filled with action are good to see in theaters. I agreed with the Pirates movies. I like them better in theater than at home. I like the Twilight movies, but I'd prefer to watch them at home. I agree that they're not "epic" enough to make the trip up there and spend all of that money to see them in theater. I can wait until they come on DVD. lol.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 11:11 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I'm glad I saw the new James Bond movies and the Ironman movies on the big screen.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:14 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Yes, Lord of the Rings was definitely theatre worth watching....excellent point. I think you should go, relax, and have fun. I think its silly that some are so judgmental about the movie. Try not to worry about that, afterall, the author is a millionaire, so obviously lots of people think its great! Have fun mama, if you decide to go.............
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:22 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• The only movie I just HAD to see in theaters was The Simpsons: The Movie. And only because I'd waited nearly 20 years for that movie and didn't want to wait any longer! But, I also bought it as soon as it came out too.
    I figure everything else can wait until it comes to netflix. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 4, 2010