Have you ever ate baked spaghetti?

We are going to have baked spaghetti today. Have you ever had it and did you like it? It's our first time. Wish me luck in fixing it. We wanted to try something a little different this year for the 4th. Happy 4th everyone.

Red54

Asked by Red54 at 11:33 AM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• be careful you don't overcook your pasta. Leave it a little more than al dente so it doesn't get mushy in the oven. :)
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 11:34 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• No, but it does sound good. Good luck with it.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My husband makes baked spaghetti all the time. It's okay, i'm not a big pasta fan, so once a month is about all i want to hear about pasta. lol . hope you like it!!!
    sprout.martin

Answer by sprout.martin at 11:35 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Yeah, it's what we do with leftover spaghetti. We just put in the pasta in the dish, pour the sauce over it, add some shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese and bake for about half an hour since it's already cooked and we only need it warmed and the cheese melted. I love it more than the original spaghetti.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:36 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I like it
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 11:36 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Yes- I like it.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:38 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Never EATEN baked spaghetti...
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:40 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Yeppers. I make it 2 ways, depending on my mood. First one - Brown 1-2 lbs hamburger (or sausage, or your favorite meat for spaghetti, or none if you don't like it). In the meantime, cook the spaghetti but not all the way done. While it's cooking whisk together egg & parmesan cheese - 1 egg & 1/4 cup cheese per 4oz of uncooked pasta. When the pasta's almost done, drain it, and very quickly mix in the egg/cheese mixture. Spread the drained meat over this mixture, and top with 2 jars of sauce, or homemade sauce, whatever your preference is. Top with shredded mozz cheese and bake til cheese is golden.

Other way - cook spaghetti like you normally do - just don't cook the pasta all the way done. Mix in your meat & sauce like you normally do. Pour into a greased dish. You can also put half the pasta, then a layer of cottage cheese, then the rest of the pasta. Either way, top with shredded mozz cheese and bake til done.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:43 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Yes, my family enjoys it! We add green peppers, mushrooms, and olives to ours.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:51 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Yes, actually my dh makes it and is always very proud of himself :) Me too since I dont have to cook when he decides to make it!

VERY good!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:54 AM on Jul. 4, 2010