Do you go out of your way to see fireworks this Fourth of July?

It's been pretty quiet around here. I'm hoping their just waiting till it gets dark to start the action. Usually three or four blocks are good for some really spectacular display of fireworks. However, every year is different.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 11:53 AM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Holidays

• We just have to sit on our porch.  Everyone around us does them so every direction you look there are fireworks going off.  It's pretty spectacular.  Sometimes we walk around the neighborhood just to see what's going on but most of the time we just sit on our steps.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:06 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Not this year, but we will next year. They apparently did them last night at a park that's pretty close to us...we didn't even hear them!
    ShadowRaven

Answer by ShadowRaven at 12:03 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• No, we just stay home and watch them on tv. But there will no doubt be the few people in the trailer park who think it's a good idea to shoot them off so we'll see some bright lights tonight if we look out the window. Just hope nothing catches fire!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 4, 2010

• we were supposed to go to the city next to us to see them, but were late and couldn't find parking.
    So tonight we will show up early where they show them off in our city.

Fireworks are illegal in this county and i live on the main road so it is not likely that any of my neighbors will be providing a 4th of July display for us (and the cops) to see.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:08 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I don't have to, they are just out my window...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:09 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• We bought our own yesterday afternoon, nothing too big because we DO live in the middle of the woods. Set them off last night, kids watching from the front porch. It was the first time we've done anything like it and I think it went well. They loved it, we had fun, and DH wasn't injured. lol And nothing caught on fire.
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 12:09 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• We drive 15 miles. I hope We can find a decent place to park I can't walk far for now.. Its something that I Love are fireworks!! Especially seeing them through the eyes of a child with.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 12:13 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• We have to. Our town doesn't do them any more (too small and most of the town goes camping). There are the idiots that set some off in town but we can't see them from our house. Fireworks are illegal in the whole state, other than the public displays. We have to drive nearly an hour one way to see a decent display.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 1:29 PM on Jul. 4, 2010