How did your husband propose?

My husband proposed to me on christmas eve and he got down on one knee and to me it was just perfect<3

giovannismom19

Asked by giovannismom19 at 11:59 AM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• it was right before christmas of '07, and we were watching miracle on 34th street, and dh asked when i was married before did i have a ring and i told him "yes." and then he told me he wants to get married again... and i said "oh?" and he said don't you want to know who i want to marry? i said "yes." and he told me he wanted to marry our 6 week old baby daughter. then he said he was just joking... then on christmas eve he gave me a large box, with 3 boxes inside it, (each one was smaller then the next), by the time i got to the box in the center and found the ring he got down on 1 knee and asked me to marry him...

it was never a question of if we were going to get married, it was when would we get married? we were going to wait til his oldest daughter graduated from high school, but, then decided not to wait..
    we had a beautiful, small wedding in august of '08...
    couldn't be happier...
    hanniwrencher

Answer by hanniwrencher at 12:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I was pregnant, my mother was hounding us to get married & we decided together to get married so that she wouldn't have control if anything happened during labor. There was no proposal.

But then he stopped the wedding so he could get down on his knee and ask for my hand since he "didn't do it right the first time"

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:08 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• We'd decided to get married while on a drive. Two weeks later, we were at the park that we went to on our first "date" and he pulled out the ring and said "so, you still wanna get married?". It was simple, but I loved it. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• He was a truck driver. We had talked about getting married, and I had even told him what kind of ring I wanted. I had even planned half the wedding!
    He called me one day to talk, as we did every day, and he was talking to my cousin, who lived down the street from me. i asked "Is that Gabe?" And he was like "Yeah, I'm talking to him on another phone." I knew he had two phones, but I thought it was odd that he was doing that.
    Just then, my parents pulled in the drive, so got off the phone to talk to them. I heard one...two....THREE doors close, BUT I STILL DIDN'T GET IT!!! My mom and dad came in, looking creepishly happy. I think I asked them if they had stopped to neck somewhere. Then, hubby crashes through the door, landing on one knee right in front of me. We were both super nervous, and we barely knew each other, but we're happily married and I think he's perfect (for me).

Plus, the ring was FANTASTIC! ; )
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• We never really got engaged. We just assumed we would get married, and one day we decided to get married before the seasons changed. We were married 2 weeks later.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:10 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• well we were engaged for a while i just didnt have a ring yet! we were super poor at the time! anyways while i was 6 months pregnant i was showing him the babies room after i had finished setting it up and at one point i turned around to look at him and he was down on one knee with my great grandma's engagement ring and asked me to marry him! i cried! he had to ask my dad for the ring she left it to me when she past away! i love that ring!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:17 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• The old fashioned way! He got down on one knee!
    morningglory1

Answer by morningglory1 at 12:48 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My EX proposed on tape. We had a cassette player that we would tape messages back and forth because we worked opposite shifts. He proposed on tape and I went and woke him up and asked him HOW he could DO THAT? and then I went and married him anyway. ooops.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• He knows Iam a huge Denver Broncos fan and he found me this really super Broncos blanket that I absoloutely love! Well, he kept insisting that I open it up and try it out. Now mind you, he proposed to me on my birthday (yea, he is so sweet!) and my birthday is in the middle of July. So, I'm thinking warm fuzzy Bronco blanket on me, not real appealing in 90 plus degree weather! lol But he kept insisting so I finally opened it, and there in the middle of the blanket was a ring box. He took the box, got down on one knee, and proposed to me. It was the most awesome and most special proposal ever! And he couldn't have done it any better!!
    scarlett0720

Answer by scarlett0720 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Nothing fancy....he just asked me over dinner in a restaurant in a quiet way. We had been talking about it for a couple of years and he's so shy he just did it that way to make it "official" rather than just taking it for granted that we were getting married. LOL
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:08 PM on Jul. 4, 2010