Any tips on how to bring love back to my relationship?

My boyfriend and I have been together for two years, off and on. I recently became unemployed, so I stay home and take care of our 13 month old daughter while he works full time. When he comes home, we usually watch a movie and then go to bed. We haven't been intimate in a really long time. I can't remember the last time we had sex. It just feels like there's so much distance between us now.

I recently lost my best friend to his jealous girlfriend, so I don't really talk to anyone besides my boyfriend. I just prefer to really vent and open up to someone other than my boyfriend, because most of the time, it's about him, haha.

Asked by cleverusername at 12:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Relationships

• Find a mother's group in your area so you can talk to people face to face and find some friends. You're in a rut. I found when I was bored, I was boring. The more interesting I became, the more ideas I had to make things between me and hubby better. It's a common thing to happen but it's easily solved.

Answer by manna1qd at 12:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I would say you guys need to have a sit down talk about the situation or try to take a day for just you two. Josh and I went through a similar situation right after my daughter was born. We had been together off and on for 2 years and I hadn't worked through most of my pregnancy. About a month after our daughter was born we took an evening for ourselves and just talked. We got some sub sandwiches and sat at the park and talked. It did wonders for us. We both were having issues internally that we needed to get out in the open for us to be able to be happy together again.

Answer by HeatherTurner at 1:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Despite it being a marriage book, one of the best books you can pick up is "The 7 Secrets of Successful Marriage." I was "dating" my son's father at the time, and this book saved. our. lives.

Answer by elleinad at 1:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2008