Would you be worried....

Would you be worried if your husband sat down with a calculator an figured out that with your life insurance and social security, he will be a millionaire in ??? many years (about 2). And then decided to go pick out what he wants to buy when you die, tell all his friends he's just waiting for you to die, and then tell you everyday "no body, no crime"...It used to be a funny joke, but it's to the point that I almost think he might actually be considering making me disappear and collecting a bunch of money...(that's supposed to be for my son)...I hope he is just joking, but he's starting to say it too often and make too many "future plans"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• How is your relationship otherwise? Is he an abusive man? If he is telling that many people, it would be hard to cover it up. Talk to him and tell him to knock it off.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 12:26 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• He's put a lot of thought into that... I'd be terrified. Cancel the policy or put it in somebody else's name now.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:28 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• You can put the life insurance in your sons name you know?

Answer by louise2 at 12:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Who carries that much life insurance?
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 12:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Why would you be with someone like that? I am sorry but this is not a joke and its not funny. Change the policy now and kick him to the curb.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:33 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• We carry that much life insurance to make sure that our children are properly provided for if necessary. My husband and I have never made jokes like that though. Have you told him how it makes you feel?
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• He would still get it if it was in the son's name and the son was a minor; however, you can make your son the beneficiary with your parent(s) having Power of Attorney over the insurance money. Talk with an attorney. I'd also tell family and friends how you feel. It wouldn't hurt to write a letter of concern and mail it to someone you trust in case. If you have a police officer friend, I'd tell them as well AND I'd tell dh it's not funny and that you have voiced your concerns to others who will be watching to make sure you don't die mysteriously. I had to do that with my x. He was always threatening to kill me or get a hit out on me (like he was some mafia connected dude. LOL) I told him he didn't get anything if I die and he still had to pay Child support to my estate for my children! He finally stopped running his mouth once I told him I told everyone he might really try it. I asked if I was worth prison to him. Nope!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:45 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• ummmm.... you should have not posted this annon! leave something around that he cant touch to say you think this.....
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 12:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• That sounds freaky! He sonde spittle too anxious for you to dies then to preventhat happening. That is definitly one thing I wouldn't find so funny. My SO joked about that once with me but that was once! And it was about him dying so I can take all the money and live a good life. I would seriously consider letting others know of the things he has said and possibly letting the police know to. Let him know as well that you have told others and also change beneficiarys.
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 12:57 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• How is your relationship otherwise? My husband has done the same thing and says it about me and him. I don't think anything of it.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:11 PM on Jul. 4, 2010