my daughter is 4 months old and i still havent had a period??

my daughter is 4 months old and i havent had a period! believe me not complaining! i just want to make sure its ok? im nursing to so i guess that could be a reason y??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yeah, you may not get your period back for quite some time. It will vary from person to person though. With me I never got a period between kids at all - which was 5 months. My mother always got her cycle back right away - 6-8 weeks... I know others who went much longer.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:38 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• With my second it was 17 months before I got it back; with my first it was 7 months.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 12:44 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My DD is 2 and I still haven't had one
    Tatumsmommy0123

Answer by Tatumsmommy0123 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• If you are EBF, no binkys, no bottles, letting bay nurse frequently (including during the night), no solids until after 6 months, then the average time for your period to return is 14 months. There is a huge range of normal, some will get it at 3 months and others will go 2 yrs.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• yes that is the reason. My DD did not have a period for a year after her second baby.

Answer by louise2 at 12:33 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I didn't have one for ten years after my last child. I loved it then some doctor thought she should fix it and I'm still having them in my 50's!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:36 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I didn't get mine back for over a year and a half! Enjoy it. Mine was a combination of nursing and then Implanon birth control.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 12:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My DS is almost 4 months and I haven't had one yet either. I hope I am one of the lucky ones that can go a year or more.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 1:01 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• It's possible that you could be pregnant again too.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Yeah, I don't have a period until we wean at about a year old. It is a nice break.
    mzfam99

Answer by mzfam99 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 4, 2010