what does your toddler like to eat?

My son loves fruits and veggies so much.. No cheese unless its grilled cheese.. Whats some fast ideas for snacks he can feed himself? He loves to feed himself.... He eats lots of chicken nuggets he loves them keep in mind he's only 13 months

sierranavada

Asked by sierranavada at 1:09 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If he loves fruits and veggies, keep serving them. You can cut them up into platters and use them for playing and eating. My daughter will chew on carrots and brocolli and she loves fruits. She is also big on potatoes and pasta though. But we are vegan, so we don't eat cheese or chicken.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Just hand him a banana. :-)
    At that age, Ki loved bananas, strawberries, soft veggie mix (carrots, broccoli I had cooked a day or two before), apples, lettuce, cold chicken (also leftover from a day or two before, I always make too much to have it for snacks), yogurt, applesauce, the list could go forever. You can cut up some chicken breast and put it in a bowl and let him feed himself that. Just call them special chicken nuggets!
    Cook some veggies he likes one night and put a snack size serving in zipper bags and keep them where he can reach them in the fridge. Same with any fruit he likes.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:14 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• EVERYTHING! She loves veggies too :) She likes spicy things, actually the few times she's turned things down it's been because it was too bland lol. She doesn't do as well with kids meals from restaurants because they're usually super bland.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:14 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My son loves hot dogs, cut up of course. He also loves chef boyardee, and diced peaches. He also loves animal crackers, and almost all of the Gerber Graduates snacks. He just turned 2 though, so I dont know if some of these foods would be too much for your son to manage.
    dakajazz23

Answer by dakajazz23 at 1:15 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• UGH, it depends on the day? This is what he likes MOST OF THE TIME, except for when he decides randomly for a few days that he doesnt.
    Slice avacado, pasta w/ veggies and olive oil, all kids of fruit esp watermelon and grapes, hummus on crackers, toast w/ raw honey, cream cheese or almond butter. spaggetti, lasagna, cubed baked sweet potatoes, salad, cucumbers with ranch. pizza, cereal, chicken w/ ginger and terriaky sauce, cubed chicken,cubed ham andcubed cheese in a dish.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 1:19 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• my oldest loved to chew on bell pepper slices, I'd slice them all the night before and put them in HIS bowl in the fridge so he could get to them. we also had what we called Izaiah's cupbord and in it I had a variety of things he could get out and feed himself such as: fruitloops in a ziplock, cheerios, animal crackers, cheetoes, regular crackers, a variety of dried fruits, beef jerky things like that. and he got into the routine of at his snack times he'd got to his cupbord and pick his own snak.
    MBax

Answer by MBax at 2:15 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My toddlers liked to eat foods they could pick up with their fingers like hotdogs, even spaghetti cut up, cold cuts, cheeses, chicken pieces, etc.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My son loves everything! Although it took up until a few weeks ago that he would eat cold cheese and lunch meat (he's nearly 2)
    He loves to eat anything that is a noodle, banana's, breads, melon...
    For snack foods I might give him a graham cracker smeared with a little peanut butter and then topped with banana slices.... or nilla wafers that he dips in yogurt.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:32 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Everything!! His favorites are blueberries, grapes, and raisins but he will eat pretty much anything I put in front of him. He loves yogurt, which is good for him for practicing with a spoon but not great if you're eating on the run. Pasta is great, especially the smaller sizes that are easy for him to pick up - my son loves his hot with a little parmesan cheese on it, or as a cold pasta salad with some tomatoes and cucumbers. When I make chicken breast for supper I'll often cook an extra one and save it for his lunch the next day, so all I have to do is break it into little pieces and let him feed himself (much healthier than nuggets!). I usually try to plan his lunch for the next day off of our supper from the night before by making just a little extra and packing up the leftovers for he and I to eat. This summer - he's loving melons of all types!

Answer by missanc at 5:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I keep dried apples, cheerios and raisins in a cabinet at his level for him to get at.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 2:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2010