Information on lube?

Hi, my husband and I have been ttc sense November of 09 and no success. We use lube for my vaginal dryness, the brand we use is Astroglide. My question is can it affect sperm on trying to get pregnant? I have read that if could. Then I herd about pre seed lube. I was wondering if anyone had success after switching to that? Thanks for the help.

SmallRiver22

Asked by SmallRiver22 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes, it can. The only lube that I am aware of that is "sperm safe" is Preseed. They sell it at the compounding pharmacy where I live and you can also get it online. I used it when I was ttc my youngest and got pregnant the first cycle. It seems like when you are TTC, EVERYTHING can affect pregnancy, but when you are trying to avoid it, getting knocked up is so easy.
    azpreemiemom

Answer by azpreemiemom at 1:37 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I've never heard of pre seed lube, but I've heard if you need lube use egg whites, it doesn't affect sperm like chemical based lubricants do. I've also heard cold medicines and antihistamines and stuff can affect your mucous and prevent sperm from going where they need to go. Even pain relievers can interfere.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 1:41 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I've also been trying since around November too and still nothing. I think I just don't get enough sex lol The last time I got pregnant we (different man) had sex 3 times a day every day, and now I'm lucky to get it 3 times a week. I think the every other day is bullcrap. In my opinion.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• badgirl44654 we have sex everyday during my ovulation time and some times through out the month. Thats what makes it so frustrating. So this month we agreed to lets just have fun and not try so hard. I wont know if it worked until July 11th. If it dont we plan on changing the lube and go from there. Once November gets here we will be doing some testing.
    SmallRiver22

Comment by SmallRiver22 (original poster) at 1:54 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Yep. My friend stopped using astroglide- she's due soon! I think she used Pre-seed, but not 100% sure.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 2:01 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• YES PRESEED WORKS!... My hubby & I were ttc for 5 months with no success (plus I have 1 fallopian tube due to an ectopic), well I baught preseed & used it from the time my period went away til my next due period, which never came because Im pregnant! right on the first try with preseed & bam! now Im 7 weeks pregnant.... Preseed is the best lube for any ttc couples, I so recommend it.
    VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 6:38 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I am seriously considering pre seed as other lubricants do kill the sperm. We haven't been using anything but when I am fertile for those few days each month, it would be helpful to be more lubricated to make intercourse more pleasurable for me too! LOL! I know you can buy it online for sure! I am looking it up this week to order some. Best of luck to you!
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 8:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2010