Sigh kind of need to vent but need some advise too.

Hi, my husband and I have been ttc sense November 09 with no success. Its very disappointing and life draining when I have to do the waiting game. Right now Im waiting to see if Im pregnant. I wont have my period until July 11th. How soon can I really take a test. I have the early response one that says 6 days sooner. When should I take it? Man how much more disappointing can I take is the question. Sorry guys for the venting, but thanks for listening. Any encouraging advise could help.

SmallRiver22

Asked by SmallRiver22 at 1:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I dont know how soon you can test but I can tell you dont give up. My older sister tried for years to get pregnant and didnt. After adopting three kids and 15 yrs she had a baby boy last October. Just relax she thinks she got so worked up ttc that it just couldnt happen until she stopped trying so hard.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 1:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• i found out about 6 days before missed period w those.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 1:57 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• treynlisa Yea thats what we decided to try this month. We decided lets just have fun and relax. If it dont work this month we are changing our lube.
    SmallRiver22

Comment by SmallRiver22 (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• mrsary so if I start July 11th when should I take the test?
    SmallRiver22

Comment by SmallRiver22 (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I know its hard ... Ive been there. My DH and I tried to get pregnant for 7 months. It was an emotional roller coaster for me. I hated the waiting game too.

Don't be discouraged, it takes healthy couples 6 months to one year to concieve naturally.

My best advice to you is to stop putting your body through the stress. Just don't think about it and just let it happen. As soon as I did that I got pregnant. When your are stressed and worried about trying so hard to make it happen, your body won't relax and its so much harder to get pregnant. Just take it easy and as soon as you "let go" you will see it will happen :)

Buy the book "The Infertility Cure" Its amazing, and it will help you so much!
    Start a BBT chart right away!
    Don't drink coffee, or alcohol.

Don't take a pregnancy test before your missed period. It will give you false results. Just wait and see if you get your period or not

Good Luck! Baby Dust!
    mercilove

Answer by mercilove at 2:02 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I thought this might be interesting for you guys to look at the hcg levels these test actually use to get a positive
    http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hpt.html
    I am not sure if I would test early, I hate being let down. I am 2 days after my due AF and I received a neg this morning. My sis had to wait till she was 4 weeks past her AF due date to get a pos. So I think each woman is different. I know how hard it is. I am currently going through the waiting process also. Just try to take it one day and a time, and try to keep your self and mind busy.
    snmtigger99

Answer by snmtigger99 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I say wait til you miss your period then test it's way more accurate that way I waited 5 days after my period.... Also dont give up trying stay positive & just have fun baby making dont stress about it because it's not good to stress your body it'll slow things down even more... My husband & I tryed for 5 months on our own with no luck & we used preseed & got pregnant the first time we used it, why dont you try it Ive read more pros then cons on it & thats why I baught it & thank god I did cause it helped Im 7 weeks pregnant now!..... Good luck & lots of baby dust sweetie!
    VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 6:58 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• We are ttc too and Ive gone through 5 tests so far this cycle! I know I should wait until my period is late but I want to know ASAP!! It is hard to wait BUT I HATE seeing only one line. Good luck and baby dust to you!!!
    summerbudbud

Answer by summerbudbud at 9:44 AM on Jul. 5, 2010