NOSTRADAMUS?

do you believe in the predictions? what do you think about it?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 1:59 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yes, like any soothsayer but they are open to interpretation and that is what is tricky.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:01 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I don't...I think his writings are so vague that we can interpret his writings anyway we want.

momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• sometimes i think that people just make it what they want to make it... like they wait for a disaster and say that it was predicted or predict something that would likely happen anyways like hurricanes in hurricane season most of them are deadly or earthquakes in places where they happen all the time
    jaksonsmommy

Comment by jaksonsmommy (original poster) at 2:03 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Every culture through out history has had people with visions. And those visions are generally correct - HOWEVER, the question is how do we translate those visions. Personally, I don't think the majority of his visions had anything to do with me or anyone else - they were his for a reason - HE was meant to see them, WE weren't meant to be the ones trying to figure them out or translate them, if we were, they would have been given to us.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:06 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Can't dwell over something you can't control. Something will happen; knowing when is the bigger question.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 2:07 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• ya, i agree w/ sabrina
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Undecided. I know he had to write in code because of the political atmosphere of his day. And they are pretty vague. But that doesn't mean he didn't see the future.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 2:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Haha my co-worker and I are obsessed with this 2012 thing. We are silly and just getting a bit nervous with all the earthquakes lately. But on a serious note, the earthquake in Chile caused the earth's axis to move south about 4 degrees!! The predictions say that in december 2012 there will be a great gravitational pull from the alignment of the planets and they will cause many earthquakes and the earth's axis will shift. Craaaaazy :/
    mercilove

Answer by mercilove at 2:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2010