Are you following the new CM trend with all these points and bumps, etc? Or are you just answering questions like before?

I'm not following it. Seems like a big change and I don't have time to read the new rules and down voting and moving from Freshman up and whatever else. Are you guys playing the new game? I'm just curious. I sort of miss the old Cafe Mom but that could just be me.

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 2:06 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I'm actually going to other sites and thinking of leaving CM over it. I think it's the worst change they have ever made. I dislike it intensely. I think the quality of questions as well as answers have decreased. I think the enticement of points is a marketing ploy to get more hits on CM so CM can make money off of us. They get money for every time you click. You get points but they get money. Now if they shared that money instead of points, that might make a difference!

Answer by admckenzie at 3:11 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• i think the whole game is stupid. i come here for advice and i just give advice
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 2:07 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I ask and answer the same as before, but I like the points. I also like that if someone gives really terrible advice or is a total bitch, I can vote her answer down.
    I haven't changed anything, except the voting and bumping. I still ask the same kind of questions. Very rarely advice questions, but I've always asked the random ones. I am just really curious about what other people think and how they live and this is a perfect place to get answers to those questions from women of many different backgrounds.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I am going along with the frenzy, but I do miss the old format, not enough substance questions to answer, most of them are begging for credits or random!

Answer by older at 2:09 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I agree, this new format seems to be more of a "game" than anything. I like to answer questions fully and give good advice. I expect the same favor in return when I ask a question.

mercilove

Answer by mercilove at 2:09 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I don't really like that it is a game. But I do really love that you can vote people up or down for their advice. Who cares about points, I am really happy that people can vote up answers. Than people will continue to give good advice and not the snarky rudeness that was so common in the old format.
    MillyPontipee

Answer by MillyPontipee at 2:16 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I do the same as before.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 2:20 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• i am going to start answering questions, just like i used too. i am tired of staying up late just so i can think of dumb questions, and start bumping answers and voting up people just to get my points!!! i guess i will just be on the slow track for graduation!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:20 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I am mostly just answering questions as before, but I do "vote up" responses that I like. I am also annoyed by all the fluff questions.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 2:25 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I just answer the questions that I think I might have some insight on, like I always have. I haven't read the rules, either, about all the new stuff.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:33 PM on Jul. 4, 2010