Does Gatorade Count?

I know I need to drink lots of water....we all do, but I can't generally drink just plain water...so does gatorade count? I can drink a gallon of that a day!

Pip-Squeek

Asked by Pip-Squeek at 2:14 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• No!!! Gatorade is not a great choice! It is full of sugar and carbohydrates... you need to drink water!

Gatorade is good if you are out in the sun or heat running and being active. It basically has electrolytes that will help you stay hydrated. But you need to drink water also!
    mercilove

Answer by mercilove at 2:16 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• try water with a little citrus squeezed into it, lemon lime or orange, or a combination of them!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:19 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• mercilove is correct about the additives in gatorade. plain lemon juice added to water can add lots of flavor with the additives and calories
    chris13

Answer by chris13 at 2:20 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Drink water with lime slices in it or strawberries or star anis. or you can start with say 1/4 of your glass being juice and 3/4 water then contiune to cut down on how much juice you add to your water. Once you get use to drinking water you will crave it and you will wonder how you ever survived with out it! It's true, it will become addictive.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:07 PM on Jul. 4, 2010