First birthday party idea's for christmas babies?

just looking for some ideas

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 2:28 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My dd is born on Dec 20th. For her first, we did have some Christmas stuff incorporated into it... we decorated Christmas balls as a craft, and we decorated gingerbread cookies. Mainly because I had those items around the house at the time and we have never really had 'theme' birthdays. For the next two years we moved the party until the first Saturday in January. This seems to work better because it separates it out a bit from Christmas and New Year's and people's schedules are not as busy as they seem to be in December.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I think it would be seriously cute to dress the baby up like santa and have him sit on everyones lap and they have to tell him if they have been bad or good. I would give elf ears as favors too.
    MillyPontipee

Answer by MillyPontipee at 2:32 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Christmas it's the 4th of July! lol.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 2:34 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My son's b'day is Dec 22nd. For his first birthday, we only had immediate family/grandparents. We fed him his favorite food (spaghetti) and he had his first ever cake. He was a mess. That's our memories/ no fuss/' but quite a bit of muss. LOL.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 2:37 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Winter Wonderland!

Whites , Silvers, fake snow!! The worls!!!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:37 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I know its early I was just thinking about it. Never to early to be prepared. Winter wonderland sounds cute. I just don't want his birthday to be mashed in with christmas. I will not let that happen! His birthday is dec 27
    firethearson

Comment by firethearson (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My sister has a daughter born in December. They always have a little cake on her birthday, but once she started school, they have her big party with her friends and big presents in the summer. That way she has two seperate holidays.
    MillyPontipee

Answer by MillyPontipee at 2:50 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• What about a SUMMER themed party? I know it will be December..but i think it would be cute...you could do an indoor luau or something like that!
    ThinkPink23

Answer by ThinkPink23 at 3:11 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• A Summer themed party would be cute, and you could watch for clearance at the end of summer! Something to think about as she gets older... I had a friend that was born on Christmas and she would have a 1/2 birthday pool party in July with all her friends, then they celebrated with family in Dec.
    warrenfamily95

Answer by warrenfamily95 at 3:36 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• You could do a GRINCH theme!!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2010