What is a really GOOD air freshener?

I am so frustrated with air fresheners right now. LoL. And I don't mean the spray kind... I mean the ones that you just set out here and there and they're SUPPOSED to make your house smell good. LoL. I have bought so many different kinds that DO NOT work.... seriously... I put them out and after like 2 days, you walk into the room and can't smell them at all. Sooo ... what kind do you use? Which ones smell the best and last the longest?

I always hesitate in the air freshener isle 'cause I'm thinkin' ..."Okay, is this gonna be a waste of money... or is this one actually gonna work?" lol. I am tired of wasting my money, trying to figure out which ones actually work and which ones don't!

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I've had the most success with the Glad double plug in with the fan. I've used almost every kind of air freshener imaginable too. The Bath N Body plug in flowers aren't worth the money. I tried the kind that was the open oil with the sticks in it too. Nothing works like I want it to. I want to smell something fresh and clean when I come in the house, not stinky diapers and sweaty children.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 2:44 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I don't recall the brand, but it's the one on tv all the time, that you sit or hang anywhere and set it for 9, 18, or 20something minutes and it automatically sprays. We got that one for my MIL and it works great. You can't even tell there are two cats and a dog, and two teenage boys in that house anymore! Plus, it doesn't have that sickening sweet, fake smell most fresheners do. We got the "rain" or "ocean" fresh type outside scent and it smell great.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:41 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I LOVE fabreze air freshener! it is a plug in the candles are also wonderful
    southerndesign

Answer by southerndesign at 2:19 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• febreeze
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 2:41 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• The best one I have found is the refillable plug-in from Bath and Body Works. It does make the area around it smell really nice, but it doesn't cover a really larger area, so if you want the smell to permeate your house, you would need several of them, which could be pretty expensive.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• febreeze or wallflowers from bath & body works
    reesemom

Answer by reesemom at 2:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 3:20 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I use candles since the heat from the flame activates the scent.
    Or use the plug in kind.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:33 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I use glade scented oil plug ins and candles. If I can't smell the plug in, I light a candle. I buy them in complementary scents instead of matching, that way i don't get used to the scent and still notice it even when the plug in is almost done.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:36 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I like the plug-ins, and the ones that have the oil and the sticks.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 4:26 PM on Jul. 4, 2010