Do you think that someone with one DUI should have their license revoked?

Or should it be after 2, 3, ...?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 2:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Absolutely!

and I think if they get caught driving while its suspended there should be harsher penalties

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:22 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Not the first time. Anyone can make a mistake. However, after that. It isn't a mistake. Revoke the license.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:15 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I want them to have to work to get it back, even the first time they blow the test just a fraction over the limit. They are taking everyone else's life in their hands. Its one thing if they don't care about themselves but it could be a member of my family that person hurts. I'm not sure what the specific statistics are but a person that gets a DUI has actually driven many times before getting caught the first time. Once is too much.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 2:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Yes I do.
    Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 3:22 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I think it should after the first. We're too lenient on the people who repeatedly break the law, letting them have warning after warning, in and out of jail. They don't learn anything from it. Take the license away the first time, make them earn it back.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:44 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I'm beginning to think so. There needs to be stiffer penalties for all traffic violations--people who run lights, stop signs, speed, and all the rest. Most are punishable by fines, which a lot of people are able to get out of paying. There needs to be something other than just getting a ticket and the threat of a fine. Maybe give everyone so many points and deduct a few for every violation, the more danger to other people, the higher number of deductions. All I know is something needs to be done to help keep us all safer.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• They should get it taken away. Also people who drive without license's and get caught shouldnt get it back. So many immigrants here don't want to work to get their license and end up killing people because they don't know the laws of the roads here in California.... but not just immigrants... ANYONE
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 2:50 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• To answer your question, yes it should be, then there would not be a second or third time, but people drive with or without the license these days.

Answer by older at 2:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• It should be taken away forever the first time. People who drink and drive are idiots who put themselves and the rest of us at risk.
    Azure

Answer by Azure at 3:04 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• yes. they just risked their own life and the lives of everyone around them. i think it should at least have a year-long suspension for a first offence, then maybe they will actually think about what they are doing.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:04 PM on Jul. 4, 2010