Have you ever drove with the tags on your car expired? How long before you got caught or got them renewed?

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 2:49 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• Totally guilty, LOL! I did it about as long as it took for the post police to notice and pull me over. :PI hadn't realized they'd expired, and the MP was nice enough to let me go without a ticket and give me directions to the DMV :D I had them renewed that very day
    RunNikiRun

Answer by RunNikiRun at 2:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My dad used to push it until he got pulled over for it. Here, they give you the warning and 30 days to get it renewed and you don't pay a fine. He made it a year and a half once. Then got caught and had to do two years at once!
    Kiwismommy19

Comment by Kiwismommy19 (original poster) at 2:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• When I was younger I went a year with an expired tag.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 2:59 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Yes but only until the end of my birth month until I could afford to renew. I figure I wouldn't get a ticket since the tag was marked good through that month.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:01 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• The law here is that you have a 30 day grace period. So I used to push it, but I guess too many people were doing that, so they increased the fines. One day past that 30 days and it is an extra $50 and then $25 a month there after.
    MillyPontipee

Answer by MillyPontipee at 3:01 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Yes for several months. It just slipped my mind until I looked at them one day lol. We had to pay a fine along with the licensing fee, but that was it.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:08 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I did once but only for about a week..until payday.
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 3:59 PM on Jul. 4, 2010