howddo i get rid of a black eye?what should i do?

tuesday i asked my husband if he could goget some more diapers he asked me why cant i do it and i told him i had to finish my work and that i had class at 6 and i still had to drop the twins off not to mention im 6 months pregant so anyways he goes on and on about how he doesnt feel like it and at this time im just like forget it he helps me with nothing at all so i asked him to watch the twins while i went to target he made a big deal and told me to take them with me so i said well if u cant watch them while i go get the diapers can u atleast have there bags ready when i come back he said yes so i get back the bags arent ready and hes just playing the video game im furious at this point i start screaming,cursing and everything else so the next few days he spent the night out he came back friday iwasnt speaking tohim at all everytime he talked i just ignored him he caught me off gaurd when he socked me so hard now i have a bla

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in About CafeMom

• If he hit you you need to call the police.... there is no way to "get rid" of one until it heals..... you can try to cover it up with make up..... I hope you do the right thing
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:05 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• First off do NOT hide that black eye. It serves as a reminder to him (and the world) what a jerk he is. My x used to do that crap and I wore my black eyes so all the world could see the kind of man he is. If that doesn't work for you then try concealer and make up. It won't hide the pain of what he did though. In FL he'd be arrested for aggravated assault for hitting a pregnant woman. You should think about having him arrested. Once they start that crap they don't stop.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:06 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• HOLY SHIT.. Call the cops, get you and your kids out now while you can.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 3:09 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• You're an idiot for staying.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 3:10 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• First off, he didn't sock you, he hit you in anger. When you use cutsie names for abuse, then you don't garner much sympathy.

He hit you... CALL THE POLICE. This time he punched you in the eye, next time he could chocke you to death. Recently a pregnant lady was murdered by her boyfriend in front of her other children in my city. Do you really think it started any differernt for her?

Please find some help and get away from him. What do you think your children are learning seeing him hit you? Even if they didn't see it, they know what is going on. They deserve better!
    MillyPontipee

Answer by MillyPontipee at 3:10 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• call and report.. No man should ever lay a hand on you. He just sounds like a jerk while he is a way sale his video game system get some money for you and the kids.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 3:17 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• wow.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:36 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• you can't get rid of a black eye - but you need to get rid of his ass
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• IF you had put ice on it as soon as it happened you could have prevented it from getting to bad & the using Preparation H would help with the swelling.

usmom3

Answer by usmom3 at 3:48 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I have to agree wiht everyone else. I have been there, with an abusive ass. And it will just get worse. I didn't have kids in the mix, thank God. But do you want them subjet to this? I understand it may be hard, if the twins and the one you are pregnant with are his....but I have to say if you have all these kids, why is he just the boyfriend too? Can't go buy diapers, how hard is that? You deserve better. And I can say, when you have no support and are in a relationship like this it can and may actually make you an even more miserable and mean person than you thought you could ever be. You should have called the cops. Get this stuff documented by the police, so it's on record. In a year or so you will be glad you did. Stay strong. Ditch the dick honey.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2010