I know this question has been asked a hundred times...

but I don't want to know what your plans are for the today, but what are you eating and drinking if anything? We are having a Bar-B-Q and the kids made Red,White and Blue cup cakes. Hubby's making Red, Blue jello-shots for the adults. What are you doing to get your 4th of July party started?

geminisummerz

Asked by geminisummerz at 3:10 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We are about to head to the park where they are doing the fireworks tonight! They have all kinds of stuff today! Will stay there all day! Lots of "fair" type food! Can't wait! I am 15wks pregnant! And finally getting hungry!lol
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Just typical fare here. Burgers and Dogs, pasta salad, watermelen and cataloupe. I made strawberry cream swiss rolls for dessert. Kids are guzzling lemonade. Soda and tea for everyone else. After supper I will probably make a few drinks. DH might..MIGHT drink a bit (one finger) of his 18 yr old Scotch. Watch fireworks the base does from out yard. Nobody gets in a car today unless there is an emergency.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:26 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Ha ha it doesn't really feel like the 4th to us 'cause we don't have any family here and all our friends are out of town. So, for breakfast it was coffee for me, cereal for my DH and DD. For lunch, it was PB&J sandwiches. For dinner, I am making my favorite pasta. I make fire roasted tomatoes with garlic and italian seasons and then mash them up and toss with fettuccine and olive oil! Yummy, I can't wait! I am only making it today b/c its Sunday and the tomatoes take an hour to roast in the oven and I work like 6 days a week, so I don't have time to make it any other day.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 3:16 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• cooking out
    reesemom

Answer by reesemom at 3:18 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• We always go to my parents for the 4th. Done it every year as long as I can remember. They live in the country, so the kids can shoot their fireworks and we usually cook out and just enjoy all the family getting together.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My husband is on his way to work and I am going to clean the toy rooms and get ready for the week. It is a quiet time and it is a rare thing around here.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 3:28 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• so far we've just layed around. Hopefully we'll get off our lazy butts & go do something. There is plenty going on around here. I really feel like making a pie...mmmm...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:30 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• we've already done hamburgers/etc., did fireworks last night, and will head to lake degray resort for fun & festivities, and after-dark fireworks display in a few hours. glad its not super hot today!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:32 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• We are going the parade and then to the high school stadium to watch the fireworks show. We may have a picnic or go out for dinner before that.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 3:36 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Making cheeseburgers here at home and going in the driveway with some sparklers when it gets dark. Ki's just getting over strep throat so I don't want to take her around other people.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 4, 2010