Early Labor or False

I have regular contractions between 3 to 5 min but last time i went to the hospital about a week ago my cervix was closed so not sure if i should ignore them or wait or what. My mom went in 4 times with her first. and i am only 37 weeks so...i dunno

kaydee8

Asked by kaydee8 at 3:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Are you able to walk around, do laundry, etc. when you're having them? Or do you have to lay down and tell people to quit talking? lol It kind of depends on whether or not you're able to function or not while you're having them. When you're really in labor you'll know it. But if you don't have your bag packed already you'll want to do that just in case.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 3:59 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I had regular labor pains for a couple of weeks like that. They would get stronger and closer together in the evening and sometimes throughout the night. The only problem was they ended by the morning. IF they don't end and you can't talk through them, have to stop walking, or breathe through them, etc. then it is probably labor. Hang in there. The last several weeks are SO long!! With my last one those labor pains often kept me up at night. But finally one night they got harder and harder and I slept less and less until I woke my hubby and suggested we get it checked out at the hospital. By the time the kids were loaded I felt like pushing! Got to the hospital and I was 9 1/2 cm!!! Good luck!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:23 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• If they have been 3-5 minutes for over an hour, and you have tried drinking a glass of water and changing position then you probably need to head to the hospital. Both of the times I went into labor naturally I was very dilated by the time I got to the hospital - I wish I had gotten there earlier with them (with my 1st I was 8 cm, which the nurses told me was too late for an epidural)

Answer by missanc at 5:36 PM on Jul. 4, 2010