Wow are babies hard on the back.

My bone at the top of my spine HURTS. I know my posture is terrible, I have felt it getting worse the last few weeks. And I am trying to watch it. But picking up and moving 2 babies just is the way it is right now. A visit to teh chiropractor isn't covered on our insurance. What to do?? Other than icing my neck any other suggestions for the pain? And of course, watching my posture and limiting carrying the babies too of course.

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 4:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Health

• OMG, I totally understand what you are saying! I have a nine month old, and a two year old (he just turned 2 on June 26th) and they both weigh 26 lbs each! My back kills me, especially from carrying the nine month old up and down the stairs in my house. The two year old, I hold his hand most of the time up and down the stairs, so I dont carry him. And I agree, I cant wait until my nine month old can walk!
    dakajazz23

Answer by dakajazz23 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• maybe try carrying the babies in a wrap? it's easier than carrying them without at least :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 4:23 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• The babies are 9 months and 22 months. Too big for a wrap. I only carry the 22 month old when necessary as well as the 9 month. Thank goodness the 9 month old will be walking soon!!! LOL
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• a lot of chiropractors have affordable monthly fees, and even more affordable if you bring the whole family in for adjustments.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:09 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Are you using a good pillow while you're sleeping? Replacing our mattress and getting a better pillow did wonders for my back. I remember carrying DD around all night when she was sick b/c that was the only thing that could console her (that and singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Jesus Loves Me over and over)! My back hurt sooo much! I hope it gets better soon.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 5:10 PM on Jul. 4, 2010