A childhood memory?

I have so many memories of things we used to do as kids that my children will never get to do. Sliding down the chicken house roof, looking for litters of baby kittens in the hay bales, making fresh applesauce with my grandma, learning to churn my own butter, going to a drive in theater. Both sets of my grandparents grew up in a harder yet simpler time. Any childhood memories you share with your kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• My favorite childhood memories are of playing in the mud with my sisters. We would be so covered, that my parents would just hose us down outside before letting us step one foot inside the house. Just the other day I let my boys go play in the rain, and they came home covered, head to toe in mud. The hose wasn't connected, but we have a shower by the pool, so I showered them off before dumping them in the bath. It was great fun!

my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 5:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My best childhood memories are me playing in the snow with my siblings until our cheeks turned cherry red with the cold.Sadly,my girls haven't had that experience because we live in Greece and it snows very rarely.
    MyrMar

Answer by MyrMar at 4:58 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Before they banned fireworks locally my dad would shoot them off in front of the house. He would use a blow torch to light them off. I dont know which was more exciting, watching him dart around with his blow torch or the fireworks actually going off. lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 5:01 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Riding my bike around the neighborhood. I would worry too much to let my kids have that type of freedom these days.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 5:02 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Climbing trees and swing on them with a thunderstorm lurking in the horizon. big smile mini

Jumping off the roof from our home. big smile mini

Playing with tadpoles in a puddle of water and sitting right in it.  big smile mini

Yep fun times.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 5:05 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I don't know. The stuff we did that I have great memories of I try to do with my boys. My husband is the same way. The only thing I can't do is have cousins spend the summer to barn tobacco. The work wasn't so much fun, but the off time was a blast.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:35 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I think my favorite childhood memory was playing street baseball. We'd get some friends together, and we'd pile out into the street in front of our house and play ball. Cars? No problem. We'd simply keep an eye out, and if we saw or heard one, someone would yell "CAR!" and we'd all gravitate towards the yard and wait until it passed.

We never finished a game, but it was still fun.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 7:58 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• going to the beach and camping for a week, swimming in the summer, helping my grandparents cook
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:04 PM on Jul. 4, 2010