What to send SO in Iraq

I want to send my SO a package while he is deployed. This would be my first package and I am new to this whole deployment thing, so I have no idea what to send.
Does anyone have suggestions for things I can send that would show him I care about him, miss him and am thinking of him?
I email him every day and we chat almost every night, Ive asked what I could send and he just says he doesnt know. So Im thinking maybe just surprise him.

Thanks in advance ladies.

AFloving

Asked by AFloving at 5:08 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Di you ask him what he want you to send him? I just to send my DH stuff that was non perishable food items he liked.  And  some toiletries.

Answer by louise2 at 5:11 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I asked him and he just keeps saying he doesnt know. Thats why Im at such a loss I think, he wont give me any answers.
    AFloving

Comment by AFloving (original poster) at 5:13 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My hubby is in Afghanistan, so I'm in the same boat you are lol. The best things to send (that he probably wouldn't even think of lol) are baby wipes, powdered drink mixes that he can just mix in his water bottle, pictures, if he has a computer or video game (my DH has a PSP) get him a game you think he'd like. Beef jerky and sunflower seeds go a long way and crossword puzzles. He'll be happy to get anything from you. Good luck and if you need to talk, just message me!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 5:16 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Send him some bar soap, deoderant, hard candy. My DH use to give the hard candy to the Iraqy kids, when they went out on patrol. Just send things that will not spoil. That he likes.

Answer by louise2 at 5:19 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Playing cards, baby wipes or handi wipes, AA batteries, LOTS of sox, hard candy, magazines, chap stick, unscented hand lotion, waterless shampoo, paperback books, beef jerky, powdered Gatorade, snacks that won't melt, pringles, breath mints, puzzle books, cans of sweetened Koolaide powder, benadryl for sand fleas and mosquitos, I've heard flea collars for their ankles helps with sand fleas, pictures and letters from home, a high powered flashlight. Just a few things our friends and relatives have requested.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 5:20 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My SO likes his outdoor/sport magazines. I stick post it notes on some of the pages with little thoughts and sayings so as hes reading he gets random surprises.
    I also sent a pillow case sprayed with my perfume so when he lays down he can smell me (included a travel version of my perfume for when the scent fades). He says thats what reminds him of home the most.
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 5:28 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I sent my hubby books, puzzle books, cards and poker chips, snacks, toiletries, twin size bed linens, if he smokes or dips you can send him some of that just don't put it on the customs form, toys. Go through the kid books at borders or barnes and noble and look for things like how to make paper airplanes. You can also send remote control planes, helicopters, or cars. Batteries if he has anything battery operated. Kool aid and gatorade single mix packs are really popular. So are the pudding singles. Chef boyardee ravioli and stuff that are in microwaveable containers, easy mac. Plastic silverware. Razors. Pictures, always put a couple pictures in his box. And the large flat rate boxes are discounted when you send to Iraq.

Good Luck to you and your hubby, I hope he comes home safe :)

My hubby is deployed now too, and if you have any other questions I would be happy to help.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• If you go to www.MarineWives.com there's a tab on the left that says 'Care Packages' there's all kinds of ideas and themes in there. Just have fun with it. Hubby's been deployed so many times, but he never knows what he wants sent even to this day LOL
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 5:54 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Also some ideas for a - Female: Care Package 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:48 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I would have some super sexy photos of you done up! And made into a book for him! He is gonna miss you over there! And I bet he would LOVE that, in a few ways!

clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 12:54 AM on Jul. 5, 2010