2 weeks late and negative results... (tmi?)

Here's the scoop !First day of last period was May 23. DH & I arent really "trying" to get pregnant but we already have one child from a previous relationship of his & we want children of our own so we have unprotected sex. Im not on any BC - if it happens we will be excited. I always have very regular periods they come exactly when they are supposed to last the same duration and are the same every single time UNTIL this month. I am now two full weeks late and showing NO signs of having my period any time soon. I did an at home test and it came back neg during the week I was supposed to have my period..this last week I went to the doctor for my physical that my employer requires and asked the nurse..had another PT done there at it also was neg. A friend of mine said her body didnt produce the right hormones for the test until 2 months in..could I still be preg? The nurse said not to rule it out yet & test again in another week

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You could most definitely still be pregnant. Make sure when you buy and HPT that you are buying a sensitive test. A first response early results test usually tests the smallest amount of the pregnancy hormone. Sometimes our bodies are slow at making the HCG and it can be hard to get a positive result on a test that requires a higher amount of HCG. With both of my pregnancies with my boys it took a while for the hpt's to show positive. With my first ds I was 1 day shy of being 2 weeks late before the test showed positive, and with my second son, I was 3.5 weeks late when I finally got a positive pregnancy test. Take a look at www.peeonastick.com. It shows which tests are the most sensitive, and then go get a really good test, and try to use first morning urine. If you are still getting negative tests, ask your doctor for a blood test. Good luck with everything!!!
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 6:23 PM on Jul. 4, 2010