• In the Spotlight:

2 weeks late and negative results..(tmi?)

Here's the scoop !First day of last period was May 23. DH & I arent really "trying" to get pregnant but we already have one child from a previous relationship of his & we want children of our own so we have unprotected sex. Im not on any BC - if it happens we will be excited. I always have very regular periods they come exactly when they are supposed to last the same duration and are the same every single time UNTIL this month. I am now two full weeks late and showing NO signs of having my period any time soon. I did an at home test and it came back neg during the week I was supposed to have my period..this last week I went to the doctor for my physical that my employer requires and asked the nurse..had another PT done there at it also was neg. A friend of mine said her body didnt produce the right hormones for the test until 2 months in..could I still be preg? The nurse said not to rule it out yet & test again in another week

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• bump
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 5:16 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My hormone levels don't show up either, My boys are 18 and 15 yo and I had to have blood tests with them. So you could be preggo. Good luck!
    butterflymeme

Answer by butterflymeme at 5:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• What does "bump" mean? Sorry
    NessGuinness

Answer by NessGuinness at 5:50 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Go back to the doc and ask for a blood test and then you will know for sure. But HPT do not work for everyone.
    Nessasmomma

Answer by Nessasmomma at 8:30 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• You could most definitely still be pregnant. Make sure when you buy and HPT that you are buying a sensitive test. A first response early results test usually tests the smallest amount of the pregnancy hormone. Sometimes our bodies are slow at making the HCG and it can be hard to get a positive result on a test that requires a higher amount of HCG. With both of my pregnancies with my boys it took a while for the hpt's to show positive. With my first ds I was 1 day shy of being 2 weeks late before the test showed positive, and with my second son, I was 3.5 weeks late when I finally got a positive pregnancy test. Take a look at www.peeonastick.com. It shows which tests are the most sensitive, and then go get a really good test, and try to use first morning urine. If you are still getting negative tests, ask your doctor for a blood test. Good luck with everything!!!
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 8:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Your friend and the nurse are both correct.
    I would take another test in a week. Any other symptoms?
    Sore breasts, food cravings or turnoffs?
    Lower back pain, nausea with or without vomitting, diarrhea (periodically can also be 'morning sickness' for some women)?

Keep us updated!
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 9:39 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Oh! And, unexplained fatigue.
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 9:40 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Hi :) Its me...not sure why it was posted as annon. but I am the "annon" who posted this...to answer your question miraclewaits I have had a huge food turn off..I love crab rangoons and had one yesterday while I was out to eat and OMG it was not good at all..my friend (who I mentioned above) was with me and she ALSO likes them and she said they were just fine...I have had a lot of muscle pain mostly lower back and I wake up nautious (sp)...I wouldn't say that I have been having diarrhea but I have been having way more bm than normal (haha this feels funny to share with strangers!) and I have been VERY VERY tired lately..I normally don't go to bed until 11:45/midnight or a little later and lately I have been falling asleep and staying asleep around 9 when my 3 year old stepdaughter goes to bed!!!
    NessGuinness

Answer by NessGuinness at 12:45 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• I think you are. Good Luck!!
    summerbudbud

Answer by summerbudbud at 9:47 AM on Jul. 5, 2010

• We are on the same schedule and im late as well i was supposed to start the same day and i still haven't! i POAS 2 times and its been BFN! when i was p/g with my son i was 15 weeks b4 it would show up so im going to wait and test again later
    ! u should too!
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 10:05 AM on Jul. 5, 2010