Do you think an affair is ever justified?

I had a friend who had an affair and it offended me so much because her and her husband had regular sex and she always said they were soulmates and best friends. Also she always said since he was a citizen of another country he would take her kids if they left. She also messed around with her kids there. I was disgusted and ended the friendship, as well my kids friendships with her kids.

However, I do feel there that when sex and intimacy are gone baby gone and one person is suffering and trying to make it work while the other is happy with the status quo that as long as the partner going outside is very discreet that really it is their business and they are the ones who look in the mirror and live with their choices.

jamesonjustines

Asked by jamesonjustines at 5:29 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I do think sometimes affairs are justified. It is a sad thing when it happens, but sometimes one person in a relationship is just dying inside and has to go outside the marriage to be recognised for who they are. Usually they are being taken for granted or disrespected in some way in the original relationship.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 8:20 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• No, affairs are never justified. If you are unhappy with your partner, they deserve to know before you cheat.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:30 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I hate to say never, but if a person is married, then they have a vow, their own honor is at stake. If they aren't married, then the partner needs to know even if only to protect themselves against STDs.

Answer by Bmat at 5:33 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• NO.
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 5:33 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Affairs are NEVER justified. Get a legal separation and start DIVORCE proceedings!!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:34 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• No, I don't think they are. I think that a person should leave, then pursue a relationship with someone else if that what they want to do.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I wouldn't end a friendship because she cheated on her husband. I'd probably talk to her about it & help out whatever she needed help with. And if she needed a loving slap in the face to see reality, i would do it. That's what friends are for. They're there through the thick & thin of it & help thier friends out even during thier darkest & ugliest times. Everybody makes mistakes here & there, Some are big, some are small. In order to endure friendship, you have to see through those mistakes. With every ugly side comes a beautiful side, & if we don't accept both in people then we'll never have good friends to keep. She made a mistake. Is it really worth ending yoru friendship over? I understand being disappointed in her, but i think you're wrong for ending the friendship because of this. A true friend would stick by their buddy during a time like this, not reject them & judge them.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:41 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Affairs are never never Justified!
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 5:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• No, I think that if you arent happy with your partner then leave
    kassee

Answer by kassee at 5:41 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• No! Black or white issue for me, work it out or end it.
    warrenfamily95

Answer by warrenfamily95 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 4, 2010