How did your husband propose?

I didn't have a cliche proposal lol I fell asleep on the couch watching a movie. When I woke up, he said to me,"You can have this if you want it." I looked down to find a ring box and freaked out!(in a good way!) lol My DH isn't the mushy romantic type and he's hilarious, so this was the perfect proposal for us lol.

nicolemstacy

Asked by nicolemstacy at 5:44 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• He proposed to me in our home, with just the two of us. He knew that's how I always wanted it. I'm not big on making something a big show. I think it's cute for other people, but I like things to be intimate and personal. He did it perfectly.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My dh was so sweet. He took me to a fancy restaurant. He ordered me a great meal. Then he asked if i wanted dessert. I said no. He said "come on, you have to have dessert." I agreed. Instead of putting his hand up to get the waiters attention he got up from the table to go follow him around the restaurant. He got back to the table, and I told him that he needed to be more patient and not follow the waiter around the room. Soon after the waiter brought a chocolate fudge sundae to my table. I looked down at the ice cream and there at the end of the spoon hung my ring. I looked back at my dh and he was on his knee, with tears in his eyes. He told me how much he loved me, while everyone else in the restaurant looked on. At the end, he said "will you marry me". I cried. he cried... When I said Yes.. the entire restaurant of people exploded with applaud. He alerted the restaurant, and everyone there knew what he was going to do.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 5:54 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My DH asked me to marry him in the 8th grade, after dating for 6 mos. Lol. I told him no, I wasn't gonna be one of those girls who is engaged over and over. We got pregnant 3yrs later. Got married when he was 18mos. And been married almost 3yrs. I guess I count his 8th grade proposal as ours lol. It was in my grandpas backyard by the stairs to the balcony. It would have been romantic had we been older! lol

clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 5:54 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• He told me about what a wonderful proposal his sister had. How they had a video of his bil telling the story of the proposal. His bil is a GREAT story teller. We were each flying out to visit our families for Christmas and he said "please remind me to get a copy of that video". So I did. We met back in the city where we lived for new years eve. He brought the video. At the end of the video he spliced himself in proposing. I melted. 100%..... that was 20 yrs ago.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 5:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• i didn't get a proposal really.. the first night we met he said 'wait for me, i'll come back to you' two weeks later he came home from A.T. over seas, moved in that day and we got married two weeks later (the next day we both had off work) it wasn't really romantic but we knew each other was the one and didnt want to wait to start our lives together.. we just celebrated our 5 year anniversary and pregnant with our first child :)
    starang

Answer by starang at 6:01 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I told him I was pregnant he said he guessed we'd have some rice thrown at us.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 6:01 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• He didn't, in the end I sprung it on him after I'd been off work with a really bad cold and at home with dd. "So when do you want to get married" I asked.
    jackdaw

Answer by jackdaw at 6:22 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• He didn't . We talked it over and decided to marry. It worked,we're looking at 11 yrs!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:34 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Over a pile of laundry in his apt. We were going to the Ren Faire the next day. I guess he got too excited to wait any longer.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• He took me to the beach, where we went a lot because it was free and we were broke. We walked out onto the pier, and in front of a bunch of strangers, got down on one knee and proposed. It was the night before I went back to the dorms for my junior year of college. He had talked to my parents earlier that day. It was very sweet. Our 12 year anniversary is next month.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:34 PM on Jul. 4, 2010