How much does it cost to have a cat euthanized?

My FIL's 18-year-old cat is in bad shape and tomorrow he wants my husband to take it to be put down. Has anyone had this done lately? How much did it cost?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Pets

• It was $250 to have our cat put to sleep. But we were so upset by his passing that the vet waved the fee. we had him cremated because we were moving in 3 weeks and wanted to take him with us. that cost us $250 which we had no problem paying. He is now scattered on the same plot o dirt our other cat was buried in at our new home. Prices depend on situation, size of animal and the vet.
    MyIslandGirls

Answer by MyIslandGirls at 6:07 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I have no idea! Our bird cost us $50!
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My sister just paid $110 in Kentucky. That was for cremation also.
    warrenfamily95

Answer by warrenfamily95 at 6:16 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I just did it a few days ago with our 17 yr old cat. It was $41 to get her put down, and $50 to have her cremated and disposed of. I could have saved the $50 and brought her home to bury in the yard (that's what my mom did a year ago) but I thought that was gross, so I happily paid the $50.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I know where we go it significantly more to have a private cremation in which you get he remains to take home. A group cremation is much less. We paid $300 for the private.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 6:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• It should not be very expensive, you can call and ask.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• It cost $68 to have our cat euthanized two years ago, plus we paid a little extra to have a clay imprint made of her paw with a little plaque. I'm sorry you have to do this. It's a very hard thing to do, even when it's somebody else's pet.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 7:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• It cost $90 to euthanize my cat. I also paid $150 to cremate him. He was a really special cat.

mommypip

Answer by mommypip at 10:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2010