need some quick lunch ideas for my 20 month old son please!

right now im feeding him mac and cheese and sometimes a turkey sandwich but im trying to think of more things to feed him. for snacks im giving him yogurt, any fruits and some crackers. he doesnt like the gerber meals so i need to make some thing fresh but quick. also what are some more snacks healthy snacks?

saraelf

Asked by saraelf at 6:22 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• http://www.mypyramid.gov/preschoolers/HealthyHabits/samples.html

there is lot of info there

do you have a steamer? or like a rice cooker? veggies are very important at that age, and buying frozen veggies makes it easy to pop some in a steamer and cook them quick and cut them up for toddlers
    peanut butter is full of protein and is quick and easy

alot of nights i make a meal bigger then needed and freeze part of it and thaw it out the next week for lunches that way the kids are not eating the same thing 2 meals in a row but it saves me from making a big meal for lunch
    Riosmommy

Answer by Riosmommy at 6:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I do chicken nuggets/strips. they love them
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 7:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• lunches here are left overs from the night before. Yogurt, cheese and raisin bread is a favorite. Rice eggs and cheese all mixed up is good (we use left over rice). Turkey or PB and J sandwiches. Or a can of soup or spaghettios. We also use the 4 oz can of veggies for a quick way to get another serving of veggies in.  We also hard boil a lot of eggs and eat them.  Also they can make a variety of foods.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:13 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• By age two, a child should be eating what the rest of the family is eating. Meals should include whole grains and vegetables; legumes, too.

Good lunch ideas are: hummus with vegetables and whole grain crackers; whole grain pasta and steamed vegetables with marinara sauce for dipping

Answer by rkoloms at 8:20 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 8:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I almost always feed my 20 month old leftovers from last nights supper - I cook a little extra and then have lunch premade for the next day. It works great! One of my son's favorite snacks, other than fruit, is a homemade "trail mix" made from whatever cereals we have that are almost out mixed with some raisins and occasionally a handful of m and m's for a special treat.

Answer by missanc at 9:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• peanut butter and jelly. did you know peanut butter has as much protein in it as a serving of steak??
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:09 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I steam a bunch of veggies every three days or so and put them in the fridge for easy veggie servings at meals (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, green beans, peas, corn, etc.). Tuna fish and whole grain crackers. Salmon cup and whole grain crackers. Fish Sticks (Costco carries a brand called "The Ultimate Fish Stick" that are minimally processed and super yummy). Chicken Nuggets. Tortilla rolled up with cheese in the microwave for a few seconds to melt (add some meat or beans or refried beans for protein). Peanut Butter and Honey sandwich on whole grain bread (did you know honey has a ton of antioxidants and natural antibacterial qualities?) Deli Meat, Cheese and Crackers (I often chunk thick slices of cheese, turkey, chicken or salami from the deli for easy meals on the go).
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:17 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My son loves the microwavable vegetables they are fast and easy!! With maybe some mac and cheese or a sandwhich. Fish sticks, Nuggets, or maybe some tator tots:)
    giovannismom19

Answer by giovannismom19 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2010