Please tell me I am not the only one who had unexpected guests, or extended family that ruined their holiday?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 6:23 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That didn't happen to me but my husband's tude nearly did. He is at his cookout with his friends and the oldest I am home with the girls.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 6:26 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• This is why we avoid them like the plague!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:33 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Yeah, I wish I could... SO's little sister imposed herself, and made it clear that she feels we shouldn't be living together. Also brought her minions with... UGH!!!
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 6:34 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Not yet, but the inlaws are coming in a couple of hours :p
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Yes, it happens every so ofter we get my hubby's dad will come over uninvited and give 100 bills to some of the kids and leave others out..so freakin annoying. I have put a stop to it tho because it is so rude to stop by while we are all opening out gifts and just start giving some of the kids money and leaving others out, it's so awkward! Did the same thing for one of our kids birthdays too. I am just not opening the door for his ass anymore if he's gonna just show up uninvited.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 6:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• That should say... so there is still hope...
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:36 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• yep, the MIL and SIL always invite themselves over. and when we have plans to include others on holidays, they get all pissy and get major attitudes since they dont get along with who we are inviting.
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 6:38 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My family always shows up drunk about the time we start lighting fireworks.
    Meladori_Magpie

Answer by Meladori_Magpie at 6:41 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• i just wish i was near family or good friends to crash..i'm sure they wouldn't mind a bit!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Nope
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 7:38 PM on Jul. 4, 2010