Why do black people always die first in movies?

TMZ just did a big skit about how black actors are always killed off first in horror flicks... And after thinking about it - I don't think they are so wrong...

Why is that?
What's your theory?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 6:39 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Entertainment

• I honestly never thought about it.... I have seen a lot of horror flicks and can't really think of any that fit that stereotype...
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:40 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• i never thought about it. and i'm with the PP.....i've seen lots of movies and can't think of any off the top of my head that ft either.
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 6:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I can't really think of to many that don't... I guess I should have said "Slasher" films rather than Horror...

We do a good big of "B" Slasher films and it seems like the black guy and the "slutty" girl always go first...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 6:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Here's a few examples...

Deep Blue Sea
    The Perfect Storm
    Apocalypse Now
    Hollow Man
    Dracula 2000
    Jurassic Park III
    The Forsaken
    Resident Evil
    DreamCatcher
    Ghost Ship

Seriously, I can keep going...
    Why does this keep happening? Is it meant to be a racial thing? or is it just a coincidence?

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 6:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I bet it has to do with money. The longer you live, the more lines you have, the more you have to be paid.
    aluvk4evr

Answer by aluvk4evr at 6:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I never care. just a good horror flick.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Sabrina, it's no coincidence. Like you said, there are way too many movies that beg to differ. I think some producers have caught on and decided to let blacks live a little longer.
    aluvk4evr

Answer by aluvk4evr at 7:00 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I've always wondered that same thing myself. We get like two lines and then it's over for us. Also, have you ever noticed the way that we, (black people) look in commercials? I have no problem with our natural hair because I am letting my hair grow back in its natural form, but why do they have to have us on tv with our hair wild and matted as if we don't care about our hair? There are many black people who wear their hair natural without letting it fly everywhere, but most of the time we are shown with wild and crazy hair, makes no sense to me.
    browneyes27

Answer by browneyes27 at 7:11 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I didnt really notice that
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 7:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Are they wearing red shirts?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2010