Does everyone assume every quesiton here is from their personal lives?

Or do people get it that this is a great place to explore the hypothetical and get thoughts and opinions different from their own?

jamesonjustines

Asked by jamesonjustines at 6:41 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I love the hypothetical and often argue a point of view that is not mine for the sake of discussion. I find it sad that so many people can't see a broader picture.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• i dont assume anything.
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 6:41 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I never assume, found it always made an ass out u & me.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 8:41 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I share what I know without assuming but the questions where they are asking about their lives I share mine. I like to think answering gives another point to hypothetical or real question.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:49 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• In my case, people who don't know me tend to assume the worst about my questions. Well, not absolutely everybody does that but it does get to be aggravating. I guess it is true after all, what someone says about you tells you more about them than about you. Maybe, just maybe, people are answering while thinking of themselves in the question. That has to be it after all.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 6:50 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I try to not assume. However that being said. I do tend to assume that the person asked this question for a reason. I would hope people aren't just randomly waisting people's time with questions of absolutely no meaning. HOWEVER.. ONCE AGAIN I PROBABLY WOULD BE WRONG IN THAT ASSUMPTION... WHICH IS WHY I TRY NOT TO ASSUME! You see the never ending circle that assuming creates. LOL
    MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I don't assume anything.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:34 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Do I understand your question correctly ~ "Does everyone assume every question here is from their personal lives"  Does "their personal lives" refer to the person posting.  Meaning that the questions are actual concerns of the poster and not made up stories simply to cause drama.... unless stated other wise.  I have seen where polite posters will explain that their questions are hypothetical instead of passing them off as actual issues they are seeking help with.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 8:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I have no issue at all with hypothetical questions... it IS an interesting way to see others' perspectives. I simply find it rude to pass it off as an actual concern and not simply say that it is hypothetical.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 8:23 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I try to not assume. I mean I really hope some of these questions are NOT for real!! LOL

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 8:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2010