Do you hold a special place in your heart for your first born?

I've heard some people cherish their first born child(or hold fonder memories) more so than any consecutive child they have. I hear it especially among men. I can kind of understand. Having your first child is just incredible, but after that, you sort of know what to expect. And it seems in this society, people only celebrate the first child, while all the others get hand me downs. lol

For the record, I personally feel nothing more for my first than I do for my second.

aluvk4evr

Asked by aluvk4evr at 6:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think it's a special place because it was the FIRST. The first person you loved unconditionally, the first person you saw be born, the first person who opened your heart. It's like the first born broke the barriers that men have, so men always remember that as a very special moment, even women, not that the other babies are any less, it's just the first time is always extraordinary because it's foreign. After that it is still magical but it's more expected then a surprise of emotions.

Like you hear women and men when they hold their baby that first time "I never knew I could love something so instantly" or similar to that. Well the second time you knew you could, but it's still just as special.

And I think that goes for any matter, sex, relationships, teeth, everything.

RAMBLING
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:00 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Yes, I do hold a special place in my heart for my first born. But all of my other children have their own special place too.
    Red54

Answer by Red54 at 6:49 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Yes because I didn't even know I wanted children until I was pregnant by surprise and he was the best surprise ever. He changed my life for the best :) I don't love him more than my other two, but he is special because of that.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 6:57 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Personally.. I am pregnant with number two. I pray this won't be the case.. however I am not foolish enough to think each of my children won't be special to me in their own ways. Not as a number on some totum pole.... If you know what I mean!
    MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 6:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I don't feel more for one that I do the others :) they all get special privileges the others don't. I guess it has a lot to do with how I was raised.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I was the last of 6 kids & my mother was closest to me. Maybe because i was the youngest? IDK...I only have one child & don't plan on having more.

I've heard people say that to though.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:58 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My oldest was an answer to my prayers (we tried for three years). My second filled the yearnings in my heart to complete my family. So yes, but they both do in there own way.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:24 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• he's my only-born, along with a miscarriage, so yes..a very special place.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:29 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I'll let you know after #2 arrives in December. I have to say, I can't even imagine DS being a big brother because he'll always be my baby!
    mynaturalbaby

Answer by mynaturalbaby at 7:30 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I do. But, that may also have something to do with the fact that I was the oldest and understand his place in our family better than I my two daughters. It also may be because he's our only boy. I do know that each baby I have I've compared to him right at birth.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 7:32 PM on Jul. 4, 2010