I find it annoying when...

Women on cafemom don't speak from personal experience about serious issues, like Domestic Violence, or Raising older children, or even driving if they rarely drive.

For example I have been looking thru the older questions about domestic violence, a woman asked for opinion from women who have been thru a relationship that got violent physically. I looked at the answers and it was filled with a bunch of "If I was ever" or "I would do this if my hubby did that"

I would like to say from first hand experience how the hell do you know what you would do if you haven't been there yet? seriously? And especially if PP asked for people who only had experience in this topic.

Okay same with parenting, If you never parented, looked after or babysat, why do women criticize the OP when they have never been there before?

It's Hilarious Really...I usually delete responses that are filled with "If I's"

Does it bother you ever?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• people love to act as if they know what they are talking about.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:56 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I spent four years of my life from the age of thirteen to seventeen getting my ass beat and so when I talk about it I share what i did and what I learned from not doing anything. I also had an SO who was like that and I share what I would do and did do.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• You are assuming those women have not ever been in an abusive situation. But you don't take into account their childhood and if it was abusive or not. As an adult I have not been abused by a partner, but as when I was a kid, my mom was and I watched it forst hand. I can tell you now, that if my husband ever hit me I would kick him out and call the police! I know what that one hit would/could lead to.

Just because people have not been in the exact situation described, does not mean what they have to say is irrelevant.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:57 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Just because someone was abused doesn't mean they are running out to share that knowledge with everyone. Did it ever occur to you people might add that "if I ever" because it's nobody's business if they ever were? Just like people who talk about "my friend has a problem".
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:00 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• i try to only answer questions that partain to me. but when it comes to abuse. if my husband was to lay a hand on me i would leave. no questions asked.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2010