What does July the 4th Mean to You?

What does the 4th of July mean to you?

Red54

Asked by Red54 at 6:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Holidays

• Relaxation...After a full belly ;) aahhhh
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Independence, freedom, and fireworks :)
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 6:59 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I never liked it as a kid ~ Its my sister's birthday. As kids she used to tell me every year USA celebrated her birthday and no one cared about mine lol. Ofcourse I was a dumb kid and believed her. I'm glad to say since then I've learned the real reason for 4th July LOL
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 7:00 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• It means a time for yummy food. Family time. And celebrating that we are free to chose our own destining. And my husband is home and or "safe" if deployed.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:01 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Independence! A day to remember how great our country is and to celebrate our colors!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 7:07 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Honestly, nothing. We were never allowed to celebrate it as kids, so I never got all the excitement that tends to come with the 4th. As an adult, I have always worked or had kids or something to deal with and just never caught the bug...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:10 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• to me independance means freedom.. and all that it has taken through out history to make me and you free.. here are just a few quotes to answer this .. in history's words!

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from opposition; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach himself. ~Thomas Paine

You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness. You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism. ~Erma Bombeck

And I'm proud to be an American,
    where at least I know I'm free.
    And I won't forget the men who died,
    who gave that right to me.
    ~Lee Greenwood

MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 7:10 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• To celebrate freedom and how great the USA is even with all her faults! God Bless the USA! This country was founded on the right reasons even if we fall short of some of them :) but man I love the USA. :)
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 7:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• A day to be grateful for freedom.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:24 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• It is a day to be grateful for our freedom, to remember our servicemen and women past and present and what they endured to ensure our freedom. Every July 4th I go to my father's gravesite and place flowers to say "thank you" for his service to our country.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:59 PM on Jul. 4, 2010