Anyone else alone on the 4th?

My husband is at work, my kids are napping. My family lives 5000 miles away. Holidays alone just don't fee like holidays...

sfwilson

Asked by sfwilson at 7:06 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Holidays

• Me. My DH and Kids went to my SILs for a BBQ & Fireworks... This is the greatest way to celebrate independence... With my feet up, good food and a quiet house!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:09 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I remember feeling the way you do. Now, I don't care. DH is at work on a holiday as it's been for 4 years. My mother and siblings live 30 minutes away and I didn't even toy with the idea of seeing them today. I had to learn to celebrate when we can, not when the entire world does, lol. Hell, it's less hectic and less traffic to deal with anyway. It's not worth feeling down about it. Celebrate when Dh is off, it'll be just as enjoyable. I promise.
    aluvk4evr

Answer by aluvk4evr at 7:22 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• We have celebrated holidays for years at a different time other than when they really fall. Because of work or other things. Just enjoy the time alone and the peace and quiet. Untill later tonight when the fireworks start.
    Red54

Answer by Red54 at 7:26 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My husband is away on a business trip. My kids are out on their own. So I am alone. It doesn't bother me particularly. Not festive, however.

Answer by Bmat at 7:28 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• YUP

NO HUBS - AND SON WENT OUT OF TOWN WITH GRANDMA
    JUST ME AND MY COUCH - NO MOTIVATION TO GET UP AND DO ANYTHING :(
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I am alone everyone is out.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:00 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• me and my best friend are alone at my house no kids no me NICE!!!!
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 8:48 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• no men*
    lendales_mommi