What should I do?

Ive been having regular contractions for about the last hour. Ive been changing positions, drinking water, and even ate something. They aren't that strong though, like a little painful but nothing compared to full blown labor. Anyways should I go in? I would wait until they get stronger and more painful before I bothered going in but Im only 34 weeks.

jessran1218

Asked by jessran1218 at 7:20 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had regular contractions for weeks with my last pregnancy and some with my other pregnancies too. Wait and see what they are doing tomorrow. Mine would speed up and get harder throughout the night, but would be just about gone by morning. That went on for at least 3 weeks before they actually got painful and became real labor. That night I was up all night and couldn't sleep in between contractions until I finally knew I had better get checked at the hospital. Hang in there. Hopefully this means you don't have 6 more weeks left! Good luck!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Has anyone ever had regular contractions for weeks before actually having the baby? Im just paranoid, I didn't have this problem at all with my son, and I really really don't want her to come out this early.
    jessran1218

Comment by jessran1218 (original poster) at 7:25 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I had prodormal labor for 2 weeks before being induced w/ my now 7wo baby. It stunk. As early as you are they usually say to go in if you have more than 5 contractions in an hour.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 7:30 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• if i were you i would at least call if not go in.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:38 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• because you are only 34 weeks go in now so they can try to stop the labor!!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:38 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I agree call.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:45 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I would go to the hospital if they won't stop and are in a regular pattern. You are still too early to deliver..
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 8:56 PM on Jul. 4, 2010