home remedies for a sunburn?

i dont have any aloe. but my face and shoulders hurt so bad.

jennifer588

Asked by jennifer588 at 7:33 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Health

• Rinse in vinegar. I know people say "gross that stinks" But it doesn't smell after it is absorbed and it is very cooling to the skin. Also you can wash with Noxema if you have any, it is very cooling too.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Smooth a thin layer of plain yogurt on, let dry, then another thin layer.

Answer by Bmat at 7:38 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My home remedy book says to take a cool shower then apply some lavender oil over the burned areas.
    Red54

Answer by Red54 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Believe it or not, mustard is very good to use. One of the main ingredients in it is vinegar and it doesn't evaporate away quite as fast. I had a friend whose doctor told her to use this. It is also cooling.
    CoCoMom89

Answer by CoCoMom89 at 7:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I read online yesterday to soak a cloth in cool milk and then put it on the burn i don't know if it work I use aloe for my sunburn if I get one
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 8:44 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I agree with SleepingBeautee. Vinegar is wonderful for sunburn! I had a terrible burn on my back last summer, and mixed it 50/50 with cool water and had DH apply it with a soft cloth. Yeah, I didn't smell like a field of flowers, but after a while the smell went away. The important thing is that it cooled my burn so I could sleep! I'm sorry you're in so much pain. Feel better soon!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:51 PM on Jul. 4, 2010