Are you allowed to light fireworks where you live?

We are not...some hulligans, jk, but some teens decided to shoot bottle rockets into an abandon house, that was right by an apartment, and BAM huge FIRE and now no one can light fireworks for any celebration.

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 7:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ok that sucks :( and where we live yes its allowed... my daughters are young 7 and 4 so for them it will be lil Sparklers nothing big
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 7:57 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• No. In PA, just about nothing beyond a sparkler is legal. But we don't have a local police department, the next town over is supposed to be in charge of our town and the next as well... But they really don't care about stuff like this...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:58 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Yes, we can but my sister can't and she only lives 5 minutes away in the next town over.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 8:02 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• No, it is illegal to sell, buy, or use them here. Only cities are allowed.

Answer by Bmat at 8:02 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• We are allowed to buy them here in Ohio, but we must take them out of the state to light them off. That's just stupid if you ask me. Sounds to me like the state is greedy and wants the revenue from the sales tax but they don't want you to have any fun. You actually have to show them your license to prove that you are 18 and then sign a paper saying you will take them out of the state to light them in a certain period of time. Sure pay us the sales tax, but we're washing our hands of all the bad things that can happen.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 8:03 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• we are allowed
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:05 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Yes, but there are set days/times when it's allowed.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:07 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• nope... so cal here... too big a fire risk
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 8:13 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Yes.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:16 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• We are allowed to here. I LOVE it. So does DH! I view it as a celebration of our independence. Not sure how blowing pretty colorful, noisy sparks into the air add up with that but hey it's fun. lol

That sucks that you can't. I'm sorry the teenagers to had ruin celebrating independence day for your area.
    krystie-tina

Answer by krystie-tina at 8:26 PM on Jul. 4, 2010