37 week pregnant and barely any movement.

i woke up this morning and he hasnt moved as much all day! im really concerend. i would call my ob in the morning and tell him but hes always saying "its normal" and it pisses me off so much because what if there is something really wrong with him that can be fixed before its too late? and he did nothing about it? i cant get another ultrasound because my insurance only pays for 2 and the last one i had was at 17 weeks. i can pay out of pocket but its like 200 dollars and he said he would only do one if im measuring too big or too small. anyways.. i think im measuring too big because people tell me i look like im having twins..

amanda202010

Asked by amanda202010 at 8:00 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had this happen around that time. I freaked out and went in and had them listen to the heartbeat. Luckily everything was fine. I would touch my belly or talk to try to get my baby to move if I felt like she hadn't in a while.

If you don't feel anything soon don't be afraid to call back and insist on at least hearing the heartbeat. It only takes a moment for them to do. My OB said if ever something didn't feel right to call RIGHT AWAY and they would check it out. I am sure everything is fine, but you don't need the stress either way. Good luck.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 8:05 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• First of all, looking HUGE doesn't mean you are also measuring big. At 5 months with my daughter I had people think I was due any day! LOL! I did not measure big with her at all, it was just how she was laying in me.

As far as moving less, it is getting tighter in there. Just relax, pay attention to any and all movement. They will often be less noticeable. So count the little flutters as movement too! I had to lay down, be still, and focus in order to notice my 2nd born moving. He barely moved at all! (Rub a piece of ice on your belly - that should get the baby to move FAST!)

Good luck!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:08 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I freaked out like that too. My mom had me call my brother, who is an R.N. He told me I could eat something spicey. He said when we are relaxing, the baby tends to move more. They tend to sleep when we are up and about because it's like being rocked to sleep. Just lay down and pay attention.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 8:14 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Try also drinking juice. Orange juice is recommended to help. Definately call your doctor. You can also call the hospital your OB practices out of and ask to speak to the doctor you see, if he is not on call they will get the one who is. At least this way you can talk to someone who knows the best way to handle it. Good luck to you.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 8:22 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• My OB always told me I could go into L&D and be checked anytime I was worried and couldnt get in touch w/ her.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:26 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Lots of people say silly things like "are you having twins/triplets", it doesnt really hold a lot of water though. A lot of people carry their babies differently. Some look bigger then others. It doesnt mean the baby is too big, or the fundal height would measure too big. If you are worried about the decrease in movement, dont ever hesitate to go your closest Labour and Delivery. Its their job to make sure that your baby is alright. They will usually give you an NST to make sure your baby is coping well.
    You could also try drinking a sugary drink like apple juice or something like that, and then laying on your side. Put your hand on your belly and count the amount of movements. If its less then 10 after drinking the apple juice, within a 1 hour span, you should go to the L&D ward to get monitored.
    Keep in mind as baby grows and space gets tighter you may discover a SMALL decrease in movement. Good luck!
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 8:45 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• Try drinking a coke or something with lots of sugar and laying on your left side. There is no need to get another ultrasound.. Your baby is more than likely fine.. But if you are worried, take a trip down to L&D and get monitored.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 8:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I'm 38 weeks and my OB told me if I noticed a decrease in fetal activity EVER, that I should call in and speak with dr on call. It's a holiday weekend, but your OB either should be on call or have someone on call for them. If you're worried, you can definitely have them meet you at the hospital and monitor the heart for a little while. I actually did that very thing last night because my little one hadn't been moving all day - they strapped me up to the monitor, gave me something to drink then made me lay on my back, then my side, then my other side until she finally did start moving and they could see how her heart reacted. (she's fine)

Answer by missanc at 9:24 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• I freaked out for the same reasons my lat month. I got one of those cheap prenatal heat listeners and used it whenever my boy wasnt moving much. my baby also didnt respond to eating something and laying on my side,I just got out the heartbeat monitor a few times a day and it made me feel better! It was a the store for less than $20
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 4, 2010