Pregnancy after adoption

I have posted a question on here last week but wanted to focus on my 2 children that we do have as well, as they have been such a blessing and came to us in such a special way.
We tried to concieve for over a year, had much testing done which just revealed that my hubby has a slow motility and sperm count but that it shouldn't harm our chances of concieving. Another year passed without any pregnancy and as we had formerly discussed adopting, we went through the adoption course, were approved, and went on the waiting list. Miraculously, our first baby came to us the following year, with our second child coming the year after that. We were elated but I still longed to carry a baby if it was meant to be. Now, this past March, I became pregnant but sadly m/c in June. We now know that we can get pregnant so are going to try again. Is anyone else out there going through a similar situation?

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 8:49 PM on Jul. 4, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Not personally. I do have 3 friends all with fertility issues. All adopted children. ALL wound up pregnant within 2 yrs of their last adoption. I know Rhea Dr. told her it was because she was focusing on the family she had and not on getting pregnant. So basically she relaxed..and it happened. I say if you're open to getting pregnant..toss any birth control and just live day to day. If it happens wonderful, if not you still have 2 special children to love and raise.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:54 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• HI! I have not been threw this, But my cousin and his wife are, she was ttc for over 2 years with no luck and they did all the test and treatments but still could not get preg so they gave up and went to hayti to help, fell in love with the children and decided to adopt from there, just as they got approved and finished with all the paper work and the plane tickets to head back to hayti to get a baby, she found out she was preg, she is now 8 wks preg and on bed rest! They are still gonna adopt after the baby is born, when they baby is 6mos they are gonna go there to adopt! They know this is what god had planed for them! If its ment to be it will be done! God works in miraculous ways! Good luck mama!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 8:59 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• OH and p.s. im ttc I have 2 kids from another marriage and my Dh dosent have any! we been ttc for 18mos and we are thinking about going to see a fertility specialist! MY Dh loves my kids! he got with me when i was 4 mos preg with my daughter, and has taken care of them for over 2 years now, they call him daddy, but i know deep down he wants one of his own!! I want badly to give that to him!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 9:03 PM on Jul. 4, 2010

• We are very blessed with our 2 children which were newborn and 6 1/2 months when we were able to bring them home with us! We have been very fortunate but now, 9 years after trying (even through the adoptions of both of our children), we did get pregnant and were so excited to be able to also bring a baby into the world as well! Sadly, we miscarried at just over 3 months and are now so determined to try to have a baby. It is in God's hands, we believe so we will take all the tips and suggestions from our nurse practitioner, and try to conceive again.
    I honestly did not miss not getting pregnant......until I did back in March. Now, it is so hard to have had this precious gift...only to m/c a few months later.
    I am meeting with the NP in another week, so we'll see what she says about us trying again.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 9:33 PM on Jul. 4, 2010